Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
09-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Anything that reduces the boss' aux energy helps a lot, cause it reduces the probe spawn rate.
Is this confirmed somewhere?

Also, SNB will strip the heal when it gets put on him. I do this often, but I haven't beaten Orellius RA since the first day because of probe farmers (people that don't attack the boss and just kill probes for the Defender accolade). With only me hitting the boss, even when I kept him from healing, I just couldn't solo him.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12 VA Red Alert
09-19-2011, 10:23 PM
I suppose that since this is a VA borg sector block it has to be the most difficult one to play and win at. Its a challange that im anctious to play out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
09-22-2011, 04:59 AM
I'm sorry, but I disagree. My Tactical Captain 8 was doing fine in their Defiant, until the patch on the 20th. Now, to my Captain 10, the borg is impossible to beat. I manage to fire off a cannon volley and 1 torpedo spread. Three spheres grab me in tractor beams and all i here is "shield failing" then BIG EXPLOSION - Respawn? It's suppose to be fun, but this aint fun. It's just frustrating. Yeah, I know. The borg's supposed to be tough. But you know what? They're not supposed to be invincible. This is all wrong. They have to fix this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
09-22-2011, 07:42 AM
As a new Captain I was doing fairly well untill the last ship came then it was almost insta death. Unless no one in the encounter wanted to team then it was more sit back and watch TV cause the XP wasnt worth it!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
09-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0tchas View Post
I'm sorry, but I disagree. My Tactical Captain 8 was doing fine in their Defiant, until the patch on the 20th. Now, to my Captain 10, the borg is impossible to beat. I manage to fire off a cannon volley and 1 torpedo spread. Three spheres grab me in tractor beams and all i here is "shield failing" then BIG EXPLOSION - Respawn? It's suppose to be fun, but this aint fun. It's just frustrating. Yeah, I know. The borg's supposed to be tough. But you know what? They're not supposed to be invincible. This is all wrong. They have to fix this.
Point of fact, the Borg are supposed to be pretty much invincible. Remember Wolf 359? Their ability to adapt to our weapons? Their ships' inate regenerative powers?

Anyway, I think you've been spoiled by too many scaled encounters. Now when they add some content that appears to be designed sensibly for a challenge to all levels at different places across the galaxy, and your captain-level pilot can't handle the DPS of an enemy who far out-levels you, you assume the game's broken. Guess what? You can't win all the time. It breaks a game to the point nobody will play it anymore because there's no challenge therefore no fun to be had.

What's that you say? "I like a challenge as much as the next man but I don't like to die every 30 seconds?" Well, go find an encounter you can handle. It's called exploration.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
09-22-2011, 07:59 AM
No, just more and more newbies are being put into the same instance, thats why it fails. No more, no less.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
09-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
No, just more and more newbies are being put into the same instance, thats why it fails. No more, no less.
As a noob,this is true but mostly the VA vets dont want to group up so they can grab the majority of the XP and the less geared noob's get less. When this happens Ill kill a few ships and die a few times then go afk and let the Vets handle the encounter. If they finish it Great,reward for me,if they dont then no big deal!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
09-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
What's that you say? "I like a challenge as much as the next man but I don't like to die every 30 seconds?"
I'm not a newby and have 4 other characters i play, one being a VA. I don't expect the Borg to be push-over. I do expect to at least have a fighting chance. At the moments it's like trying to rake hot coals out of the fire with a piece of paper.

And with a comment like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
Well, go find an encounter you can handle. It's called exploration.
is asking for verbal abuse.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
09-23-2011, 01:27 AM
I've just played with another 4 other players and I don't care what anybody says. The borg are now unbeatable. Sort this out, Cryptic. This isn't fun. It's a joke! Until you stand a fighting chance against the borg, I won't be play this ridiculous Borg incursions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
09-23-2011, 06:12 AM
It's strange how people are having such varied encounters. I personally have won every red alert first time with the exception of Gamma Orelius (if that's how you spell it) which took 4 attempts.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:07 AM.