Lt. Commander
# 21
09-23-2011, 06:53 AM
All my captains are VA level. So far I've had RAs in most sectors, and for the most part they are pretty easy.

The one in the Orellius Sector seems to be much harder, spawning more drones more quickly. I've lost to it five times in the past few days. In one instance there was a lower level captain. In one instance we didn't team.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-23-2011, 08:35 AM
A possible solution would be to 'downgrade' Orellius to the normal encounters (lvl 45) and move the lvl 53 encounter to Gamma Orionis. You need to be rank 43 to enter that zone! That way you keep that specific red alert as 'end-game'.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-23-2011, 10:36 AM
I've beaten OR a couple of times, failed it a couple of times. It really depends on the team. In my experiences if you've got any non-admiral players on the team it's going to be an automatic loss. If you've got 5 VAs it's still 50/50 because so many people get to VA and still have no clue how the ships and powers work.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideywulf View Post
As a noob,this is true but mostly the VA vets dont want to group up so they can grab the majority of the XP and the less geared noob's get less. When this happens Ill kill a few ships and die a few times then go afk and let the Vets handle the encounter. If they finish it Great,reward for me,if they dont then no big deal!
Since you're a noob let me tell you why your comments have no merit. Once you reach the VA rank you don't receive anymore XP above 72,700. Further, RA missions don't offer any loot. If they did, I would gladly pass on it & let lower level players have it. They need it the most. VAs like myself have tons of energy credit & equipment. Veteran players aren't farming for equipment.

As for your selfish attitude, players like you don't deserve any rewards. VAs and higher rank players than you, are carrying YOU. As a lower rank player, YOU are handicapping the team. While you're bumped up to level 45 for all RA missions, you still can't put out as much DPS as higher rank players. You also have less skills too, so it's harder for you to survive attacks.

Players shouldn't be allow to use the Borg incursions to level up. At the lower ranks, you don't have the skills or ability to complete an RA mission successfully. Cryptic restricts access to Borg space. You can't enter the Gamma Orionis sector until you reach level 43. That's a game mechanic Cryptic might have programmed because it isn't until that level you have adequate skills & equipment to fight the Borg. If that's true, Cryptic should restrict the Borg Incursion missions to level 43 as well.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideywulf View Post
As a noob,this is true but mostly the VA vets dont want to group up so they can grab the majority of the XP and the less geared noob's get less. When this happens Ill kill a few ships and die a few times then go afk and let the Vets handle the encounter. If they finish it Great,reward for me,if they dont then no big deal!
This is a utter crock, and shows the general level of education within the palyer base regarding the mechanics of stuff if VA levels are deliberately not teaming, you get far more xp in a team in these than you do solo as the teams contribution to a kill is what is used not the players and you get the nearly if not the full amount each as well as far more kill credits and if you rin orellius your far better off making sure all the lowbies are teamed just to get them up to only shooting +2 enemies rather than plus 8's, (Ok the fact that cross faction teaming doesn't look to be implemented yet is a pain for the KDF at times.)
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Nobody's made any mention of what difficulty level they're playing at. I've had this insta-wipe problem in one RA since they started, and it was in Pi Canis, nowhere near Orellius. I thought one possible reason was that the admiral who was in there (everyone else were commanders or captains) had somehow been tagged by the system as who to scale the encounter to, and maybe he was playing on a high difficulty.

It seems feasible that the encounter would scale to the first person who zones in, and I don't see any reason it wouldn't scale to that person's difficulty setting. Unless these RAs are actually not scaled encounters (first I've heard of a non-scaled encounter in this game) in which case my theory's out the window.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0tchas View Post
I'm not a newby and have 4 other characters i play, one being a VA. I don't expect the Borg to be push-over. I do expect to at least have a fighting chance. At the moments it's like trying to rake hot coals out of the fire with a piece of paper.

And with a comment like is asking for verbal abuse.
Allow me to re-phrase. Stop banging your head against a brick wall and find an encounter your avatar's current level of hit points and/or DPS can handle. Sincerely, no offence intended.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-24-2011, 12:59 PM
I just want to be able to find some of them, I have got one or two twice and am missing a a few borg, I just wish the accolade told me where to go to find like 2 of 10 or what ever...
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-24-2011, 01:20 PM
I've enjoyed the RA's in the beginning (still do for the most part), I've 3 VAs that hunt RAs for badges when I'm not raiding. But the problem I've been running into is that we'll have a full group untill the boss comes out and if its not the one they need, they simply warp out. Very frustrating when your running these for the extra quick badges.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-25-2011, 02:28 AM
Teamplaying is not working, what if highest rank team member could tag what your team should attack?
Example those regen probes or tag multiple targets in order number?

Voip is not option because of localization.

Even better if team leader could use your abilities in fights, or playing solo like people are doing now and looses to borgs.