Lt. Commander
# 11
09-18-2011, 06:50 AM
I heard that gx4th is such a noob he alpha striked himself.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-18-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzyJablonski
What is wrong with Fed team play?
A lot of Klingons have been playing the game for some time now, and without decent PvE missions, most have focused a lot on PvP (which is kinda what Cryptic advertised the KDF as - as the "PVP" faction). So they got a lot of experience.

Federation players have plenty of PvE content to go through, and the majority of it is a solo experience. Even the Fleet Actions that you can enter in early on are more solo play oriented, as the rewards are given for individual players, not groups. So most people never really learn how to work with others. Focus Fire, Healing Others, all that is irrelevant if you're flying solo.

There is a small group of PvP (or STF) oriented players. They know how to work in teams. But you are not likely to meet them randomly, because there are so many of the solo-oriented players out there. Your best bet is to actively seek out like minded individuals. Join a PvP oriented fleet, and you will find players that are interested in teamplay and have a good idea of what they are doing. Most of them also regularly run STFs, as the Borg set is pretty useful to have in PvP.
Though keep in mind - I don't think many players actively go into Ker'rat to work as a team. The hardcore PvP fleet live for the Arena, others enjoy CnH. Ker'rat is the place to be between matches, mostly, and maybe to grab some good Mark XI or Mark XII drops from the Borg, but not necessarily to beat the map. Ker'rat is plagued with too many buggy issues and a strong population imbalance to make it a good team based play ground.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-18-2011, 06:51 AM
Jorf decided to 1v1 a carrier the other day, and he lost to the B'rel NPC pet. That's what I heard.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-18-2011, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx
I heard that gx4th is such a noob he alpha striked himself.
I've heard you can go blind from that.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-18-2011, 06:52 AM
Yea, I pretty much said that already Mustrum, just with less words. One word in fact.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-18-2011, 06:53 AM
I heard that Mustrum thinks the nacelles are the front of the ship so he always flies in reverse.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-18-2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Yea, I pretty much said that already Mustrum, just with less words. One word in fact.
Well, that "fact" is obviously highly disputed in this community. And I thought I try a more wordy explanation to make it easier to extrapolate all the necessary information hidden in your brief reply.

Quote:
I heard that Mustrum thinks the nacelles are the front of the ship so he always flies in reverse.
Also, I think you might be confusing me and jorf. It was me that accidentally triggered Abandon Ship instead of Brace for Impact in certain, high tense situations. I have removed almost all keybinds for Abandon Ship by now, I think.

My only belief that could be considered mistaken is that we absolutely need nacelle costume packs. But I think it's crucial for the development of STO.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-18-2011, 06:59 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade

Awwww Sad Panda
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkem View Post
And SOB's a bunch of a-holes.
A bunch of a-holes with superior noob-like tendencies.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-18-2011, 08:57 AM
-is new to pvp- hye doodz whys dont i wins? i do all the pew pewing and i get killeded. why aint i the kirksauce!?