Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
I just wanted to add in I would love to see some more head/face options. It bothers me that everyone in the future has the same 2 base heads to pick from. I mean in a universe where everyone looks human with a wrinkled nose or weird ears we need some more face options.

Just my 2 cents after noticing I can't tell one avatar from another especially if they are human.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-18-2011, 10:31 AM
15000 years of inbreeding will do that xD

however yea... a more detailed facial-generator would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Yes, we've had the same two humanoid head types for far too long.

Can we have some more please?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-18-2011, 11:33 AM
I agree. Even when you hit the "Randomize" button, you can immediately tell which of the two starting heads it uses. There are some customization options using the sliders, but not as many as there could be. We need more starting heads and more sliders that allow us to change specific features.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-20-2011, 10:42 AM
The EVE character creator tool would be awesome if Cryptic licensed it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eg180 View Post
I agree. Even when you hit the "Randomize" button, you can immediately tell which of the two starting heads it uses. There are some customization options using the sliders, but not as many as there could be. We need more starting heads and more sliders that allow us to change specific features.
What would go a long way to making faces different is some sliders for the cheek bones - how high they are on the face and how far they stick out for example.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Seven-year mission, brother. Seven years.

SEVEN YEARS!
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_de_jour
What would go a long way to making faces different is some sliders for the cheek bones - how high they are on the face and how far they stick out for example.
Absolutely! Also, I would like to be able to better customize the eyes. The characters that are suppose to be East Asian all look the same. The last thing you want to to is tell a Japanese that they look Chinese, or tell a Cambodian that they are Thai. You are bound to **** them off!
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_de_jour
Yeah, as a Champions Online player, (which has cheekbone sliders) I noticed that right away. Cheekbone sliders are great for changing the shape of a face. Others that make a world of difference are eye height and width sliders that change the shape of your character's eyes, not just the placement. As it stands, we currently get two shapes of eyes, and we all know there are more than two shapes out there.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-21-2011, 09:01 PM
The character creator and its options could use a major overhaul, IMO.