Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-03-2011, 04:43 AM
more different Lips would go a long way already...

i tried to remake 7of9 and T'Pol and you can't get it right because the Lips are shaped completely different then the ones in STO.

more LIPS please...

its stupid but little things like that make HUGE differences in human faces, even if you don't pay attention to it.

there should also be done more with the Eyes

and what about thait "new Hair tech"?
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-03-2011, 12:15 PM
After reading this thread I have to totally agree with almost everyone. It made go make a new toon and I would like to see mouth protrusion enhanced I was attempting to gain a snout or muzzle and fell far short of my goal. Then after all that I realized it was "That Guy" with like a coneheads hat lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
Absolutely! Also, I would like to be able to better customize the eyes. The characters that are suppose to be East Asian all look the same. The last thing you want to to is tell a Japanese that they look Chinese, or tell a Cambodian that they are Thai. You are bound to **** them off!
Agreed! I can tell you from personal experience that does not go over well.

Also, what about a no chin option? Like good ol' Morn?
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_de_jour
Agreed! I can tell you from personal experience that does not go over well.

Also, what about a no chin option? Like good ol' Morn?
I thought killin the chin was fairly doable just slide all the off
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-03-2011, 09:05 PM
We're all just one big happy family.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Agreed with all. While I think the uniform creator is great, the actual physical side of the character, especially the face, needs more variety. I can't remember how many times i've come across people that look too similar to me simply becuase they wear the same uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-04-2011, 03:10 AM
Most characters look similar because people don't try hard enough to make the face of their character different from all the others. I have seen really good faces (even human male ones) in the game, because the player spent some time in the editor and used more than bust size to customize his character.

If you use nose bridge width, cheek size, jaw width etc. in combination you can make a lot of different faces. Have you noticed how much nostril height changes the look of a character? It's the small nuances that make the difference.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraBishop
I thought killin the chin was fairly doable just slide all the off
I've tried recreating a 'Morn' for my newest boff and in my experience pulling all the sliders all the way down makes the chin small but it still doesn't look right.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiuz
Most characters look similar because people don't try hard enough to make the face of their character different from all the others. I have seen really good faces (even human male ones) in the game, because the player spent some time in the editor and used more than bust size to customize his character.

If you use nose bridge width, cheek size, jaw width etc. in combination you can make a lot of different faces. Have you noticed how much nostril height changes the look of a character? It's the small nuances that make the difference.
I rarely bother with modifying "the goods" on my female characters. However, It would be nice if there were more advanced templates in the game than just the basic prebuilt ones.

For Humans/Betazoids/Bajorans/Vulcans, it would be nice to use a base facial structure common to a particular geographic Earth Location (East Asian, West African, Northern Europe, South American, etc.). I think there is a site out there where over 1,000 pictures of a country's citizens were overlapped to create the image of a "typical" citizen. That could be a great start for creating character templates.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiuz

Very good points.

It would still be nice to have a Humanoid 3 and 4 added though, to give us a bit more choice.