Lt. Commander
Hi,

I have been an avid Fed player for the last 520 days mostly pvp (im just average nothing great) and recently decided to lvl a klink to expierence pvp from this side. On the fed Im an Engineer in a defiant and do ok, so I wanted to try a klink engineer in the Vo'quv carrier as I have seen some great builds in pvp. I have now reached the rank of Lt General and have my huge Vo'quv carrier. I would really like some advice from other carrier pilots on the build i have put together.

I have done 2 pvp matches against the feds and I have to say really enjoyed it..... but I was waiting for the shouting to start over the amount of mines I was laying (but no one did).... would you use all beams instead?

I had no idea also that the Vo'quv was a sci orientated ship either, that threw me by supprise. Anyhow this is what ive done

Lt Cmdr Tact
Tact Team I
Beam Overload II
Attack Pattern Omega I

Lt Cmdr Eng
Emergency power to shileds I
Engineering team II
Emergency power to shields III

Lt Science
Hazzard Emitters I
Transfer shiled strengh II

Commander Science
Sci team I
Hazzard emitters II
Feed back pulse II
Photnic Shockwave II

Fore weapons (I like the anoyance affect from the plasma fire)
x3 Plasma Beam Arrays mk x (x3 acc trait)

Aft weapons
x1 Plasma Beam Array mk x (x3 acc trait)
x2 Plasma mine launchers

The consoles are standard for the build Field Generator, +26 Plasma weapons etc etc, using the full Aegis set.

Any comments on improvements or what has and has not worked for you in the past would be good. My aim is to be a sufficiant healer as well as a tanker to hold the agro.

Thanks
Tex
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Well...

I am no expert, although I do fly a VoQuv with my Sci.

Other threads related to this issue have pointed out that there is a difference in BOFF skills depending on whether you are a Sci or Eng in a VoQov. Despite that fact, I will share a few thoughts.

First of all...I go witih either all beams, or forward normal cannons with all rear turrets, or with all turrets (three options). I have a tac BOFF with Beam Overload III, and another tac BOFF with CRF I and II for either cannon configuration.

I do not mix weapons classes -- I typically use all disruptors -- in terms of skill points they are cheaper than plasma...and to be honest, your damage dealers are your fighters or your BoPs for the most part...anything you add to the fight will be significant, but will probably be less than when you have all fighters and BoPs deployed.

Some skills that my setup has that yours does not...

1. Scramble Sensors. I think I have this at level 2. This can come in very handy for a Carrier.
2. My Photonic Shockwave is at level 3...but then again, my guy is a Sci, and has Photonic skill maxxed.
3. My engineer has Aux to Structural Integrity Field (AuxSIF) -- it is a fast heal that does not cause a cooldown with Sci or Tac team. AuxSIF also benefits from a high Aux rating, which a carrier typically has when captained by a Sci.
4. In the past I have used Tractor Repulsors to some adantage...but that is a matter of taste.
5. I went with Attack Pattern Beta rather than Omega (paired with the Beam Overload III)
6. One of my Sci BOFFs has Polarize Hull.

I have 50% Aegis (two Pieces) and 50% Borg (2 pieces).

Consoles -- I have the borg universal and the new universal console off of the VorKang. Of note...the Carrier could be considered either a Sci ship or an appropriate heavy cruiser design...but regardless, it is the only Sci ship that can mount the new console from the VorKang -- the other ships commonly piloted by Sci Captains (BoPs or the Varanus) cannot mount the new console (Isometric Charge Console).

In any case, you have the right idea, and your setup below is not bad. As I said above, there is a difference between Sci and Eng captains in the VoQuv.

Good Luck!
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-20-2011, 07:40 AM
thanks for the reply..... helped me out