Lt. Commander
# 1 Bird Of Prey Build
09-13-2011, 07:43 AM
hi guys

started a new kdf tac on saturday and im surprisingly 20 points from commander and getting real excited to get all the way to the top, this particular build has ben all bop as far as battle cloak and universal slots i can see this is way cooler than anything else in sto

so i kinda wanted to see other peoples builds on this to getta a couple ideas on a direction to go consideriong there are so many options

also kinda wanted to know everyones favorite weapon type and why ( perosnolay i like antiproton for the proc)

thanks guys
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie619 View Post
hi guys

started a new kdf tac on saturday and im surprisingly 20 points from commander and getting real excited to get all the way to the top, this particular build has ben all bop as far as battle cloak and universal slots i can see this is way cooler than anything else in sto

so i kinda wanted to see other peoples builds on this to getta a couple ideas on a direction to go consideriong there are so many options

also kinda wanted to know everyones favorite weapon type and why ( perosnolay i like antiproton for the proc)

thanks guys
I stuck with disruptors and photons in my BOPs. BOFF stations I alternated between Sci heavy and TAC heavy depending on my mood. I hardly ever went ENG heavy on the BOFFs.

At LG the ole standby TAC commander with Sci LTC, strong alpha and PSW, is a good choice.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch246
I stuck with disruptors and photons in my BOPs. BOFF stations I alternated between Sci heavy and TAC heavy depending on my mood. I hardly ever went ENG heavy on the BOFFs.

At LG the ole standby TAC commander with Sci LTC, strong alpha and PSW, is a good choice.
psw?? partical shock wave
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-13-2011, 08:48 AM
ive alwasy liked photons everyone swears by quantums but i think the speed of fire and time it takes to get to target are far better then a lil extra dammage
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Quote:
psw?? partical shock wave
Photonic Shockwave

Quote:
ive alwasy liked photons everyone swears by quantums but i think the speed of fire and time it takes to get to target are far better then a lil extra dammage
I use Quants on some characters. Photons vs Quants are a matter of preference/taste IMO. Both work fine in my experience.

Since Photons are a bit slower you can fire them before a Beam Overload easier for example. At least it seems so to me
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-13-2011, 10:25 AM
photons are faster not slower

photons = great speed good dammage

quantums= good speed great dammage
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
photons are faster not slower

photons = great speed good dammage

quantums= good speed great dammage
Photons have a faster rate of fire but travel slower than quants. Quants do more damage
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-13-2011, 12:56 PM
i swear photons are faster all around
lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-14-2011, 04:04 AM
Quote:
i swear photons are faster all around
lol
They (photon torps) reset faster by a few seconds but the damage is alot less than HY2 or HY3 quantums...
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-14-2011, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch246
That's right. I recommend 3 DHCs & 1 torpedo or 1 DBB (fore) so you can use Rapid 3, HY 3 or BO 3, AP Delta or Beta and 1 copy of TT 1 (2 turrets or 1 turret and 1 trico aft).
You must experiment with your BOP so at the begining of your adventure with this awesome ship you can use PSW 1 but TBR 2 or other nasty sci powers (exept SS) would be also good - everything depends on your personal preferences and experience.
Since there's no place for AP Omega in this build, you can use PH 2- it's good for tractor beams and hull tanking. If you will choose PSW 1 and "sneaky" way of fight: decloak, stun, attack, you will also need tractor beam 1.
I wish you good luck with finding the best build for you Zombie619. You will find soon that BOP (even if it's the most squishy ship in this game) can be awesome killer and it's still STO's Ferrari.