Lt. Commander
# 11
09-24-2011, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I've noticed for a little while now that my BoFFs no longer like to melee, instead they just stand there with a Bat'elth in hand and occasionally using a power once in a while.

Anyone else notice this or know if Cryptic is working on the problem?
As far as I know this is a bug from the start.

I really wanted a Vulcan martial artist and had him specced with only melee moves and a bat'leth a year ago, but I kept having to press his skills manually and he'd never use the bat'leth at all, just standing around looking stupid.

It got pretty frustrating after a few missions that I manually had to order him to do everything, so I just gave him a gun, replaced his skills and now he's a trigger happy member of the work force again.

I haven't tried melee skills since then, I'm guessing it's just something that Cryptic can't get to work with BO's.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-24-2011, 05:56 AM
To be honest, melee post-S4 isn't even worth it as it got a huge nerf. It still ignores shields but only does half the damage it did pre-S4 to a target that has shields. So it's almost always faster to just gun someone down than try to hack them to pieces (which, if you think about it, is more realistic). Of course, Hassan Chopping the bad guys is all kinds of cathartic.

Z