Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Well after following the advices of "friendly" Kling on advisers I managed to figure out the city layout and now I am in space fighting my way, I managed so far to make it to LT 8, now is when my problems, troubles and struggles started. I get a mission to go to one of the sectors to fight but the problem is, no one in my level rank from the Feds wants to fight, how can I finish the mission if no one wants to PVP, every single player I challenged refuse my challenge, what do I do? How will I manage to raise the level of my toon if no one wants to PVP? Or am I doing something wrong? So far seems that the only way to level is to keep doing the mission of going into the nebula and explore 3 planets, is that the only PVE thing? At least for level 8 LT?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutunto
Well after following the advices of "friendly" Kling on advisers I managed to figure out the city layout and now I am in space fighting my way, I managed so far to make it to LT 8, now is when my problems, troubles and struggles started. I get a mission to go to one of the sectors to fight but the problem is, no one in my level rank from the Feds wants to fight, how can I finish the mission if no one wants to PVP, every single player I challenged refuse my challenge, what do I do? How will I manage to raise the level of my toon if no one wants to PVP? Or am I doing something wrong? So far seems that the only way to level is to keep doing the mission of going into the nebula and explore 3 planets, is that the only PVE thing? At least for level 8 LT?
Wait a few months all Klingons will start at commander once free to play starts.

Little point in leveling a lowbie now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-19-2011, 06:26 AM
I already have my fed toon to VA so I was trying to deep in the Klingon strategies and way of fight. So basically there is nothing else?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-19-2011, 07:15 AM
Welcome to the red side,

We have little content, we have little space, we have just a few ships.
But we have our pride.

and we can grind like no tomorrow

You can try to see if the raids in pi canis are open for you yet. Otherwise, yes, you are out of new content until level 10, then go and talk to J'mpok.
Or get into some of the borg RAs, quick XP there as well.

One of the reasons the releveling of the FE's for KDF players only was such a braindead move to do at this time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-19-2011, 08:02 AM
I feel ur pain....

Having 2 Lt Gen. Klingons myself I got through it twice.

At Lt. what I did was just explore the T'ong nebula, yes, this is very lame, but it serves 2 purposes. First u get a bit of experience and second u get samples for crafting, and it is not long before other missions start to crop up, and scan for samples so u can craft some Commander grade gear when u get there, unless u have hundreds of samples already.

I also found that the Pi Canis Sorties r good for lvling and samples, and don't forget the defense missions.

I know getting out of Lt. takes some time, it can be painful, but Commander and Captain get alittle better, so u can repeat some missons like the breen and dividion as they give good gear and points.

Hang in there I think it is worth the grind
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-19-2011, 08:17 AM
I had the same problems but I found that grinding through FE's and spamming exploration really helps right now I have my Klingon at Major General 1 almost 2.

Basically spam the FE Devidian Series do not finish it however spam the first three missions
Spam the Exploration like crazy and get your level matching gear to outfit.

When you reach Commander 9 or 10 or Captain 9-10 finish the devidian series and keep spamming the first three missions
Spam exploration to the point of insanity
Only do one Empire Defense when it is introduced. Do not do it afterward.

BG is when you can start the Breen FE and do its missions then spam the dailys and the investigative report mission
Spam Exploration
Head to Gamma when you hit MG

Do the Return and Assimilation lines
STFs (if you are lucky to get a group)
Defend the sector
keep spamming the exploration
Re run the FE Breen and Devidian if you are bored.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-19-2011, 08:37 AM
All I can say is Borg RAs... lots and lots of Borg RAs.

Even if you don't win you get an XP bonus just from fighting. I finally got my Klink to LC yesterday.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Don't worry, they'll be adding a bunch more Klingon content in the 45 day patch...or was it Season 1?...season.2? No, wait, Season 4 will be the time to start a new Klingon....
Don't worry, they'll fix it by simply removing the lower ranks from Klingon gameplay...there...now you start halfway to level cap so those few missions will be enough...
Don't worry, there will be more Klingon content coming "soon"...at a later date...in future unpdates...

Hopefully, before the world ends...but probably not.

Welcome to our world...at least at launch you could get PvP at lower levels easy, now it's almost impossible.
You can always do the exploration missions, at least you get Badges of Exploration for the later conversion to Dilithium
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutunto
Sadly...yes. There isn't a whole lot to do on the KDF side right now.......blame the devs,I know we do!

The few mission we do have are great though,and our ships are the envy of the Feds.(God knows how many Fed carrier and BoP threads there are) Low level PvP is almost non existant.....it picks up at Commander.....a bit. (ships at that level are also more fun...I love the D7 / K't'inga)