Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Don't worry, they'll be adding a bunch more Klingon content in the 45 day patch...or was it Season 1?...season.2? No, wait, Season 4 will be the time to start a new Klingon....
Don't worry, they'll fix it by simply removing the lower ranks from Klingon gameplay...there...now you start halfway to level cap so those few missions will be enough...
Don't worry, there will be more Klingon content coming "soon"...at a later date...in future unpdates...

Hopefully, before the world ends...but probably not.

Welcome to our world...at least at launch you could get PvP at lower levels easy, now it's almost impossible.
You can always do the exploration missions, at least you get Badges of Exploration for the later conversion to Dilithium
Well said .

Welcome to the KDF
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Honestly I don't know why they don't just end the "war" and make all the Fed missions open to Klinks. We can still fight eachother in warzones and PvP... nobody will care.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-19-2011, 10:13 AM
There are only a few Klink PVE missions. (Although, they are some of the best missions in the game). They are usually given when you hit grade 9 or 10 of your rank (so Lt 9, Lt Cmdr 9, commander 9, etc). Finishing the series will give you the Sword of Kahless as a reward - one of the best Bat'Leths in the game.

Grind the T'ong nebula until you hit Lt.Cmdr. Then hit the Breen series for to get your Breen engine, shield, and deflector. Repeat this series for each rank to get the better version of the gear.

When the Devidian series opens up to you, do that. Repeat those each rank to get better versions of the personal shield, ground weapon, and armor.

Do the PiCanis sorties. If you have a higher level KDF friend, have him/her help you with the optional objectives in them. The optional objectives are part of the requirements to complete the 'Path of the Warrior' mission. BIG XP reward for completing this one.

Do the deferi dailies (aiding the deferi, emancipation, rescue the deferi) every day.

Do the neutral zone dailies (Traelus sattelite repair, Distress call in Alhena system) every day. It's a good way to stock up on those Deuterium surpluses.

Recently leveled a Klink this way. A lot faster than it used to be. My first Klink toon took me forever because there weren't any FEs or neutral zone dailies.

EDIT: And if you are trying to level, forget PVP. Depending on time of day, the ques at lower tiers can be pretty dead. You may be waiting a LONG time for them to pop. They don't start becoming active until captain rank. Most PVP I would say occurs at VA and LG.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-19-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm hoping lower level PvP will open up with the F2P transition... that should bring a large number of new players into the game. The problem with it now is that most of us are at Admiral/General level, so that's where the PvP happens. Most of the characters that are leveling are alts of people who have hit VA/LG already.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Personally I did what few missions there were and the ground it out killing batches of romulans and doing the various nebula's. The romulan XP is a great place to go especially once you get even or a few levels above them you blow through that stuff and get it pretty fast up until near commander then it drops off pretty sharply. The other thing I can say is hunt down borg invasion DSE.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-19-2011, 12:43 PM
My Klink is at level 43 and I just can't grind him any more. It is just too much work for too little gain. You can only redo the 3 FEs so many times before they become meaningless and joyless. I am only a couple of levels away from unlocking the Undine missions but I have done those some 15 times on the Fed side already so doing them with the Klink is not going to be that exciting either.

At least I am hoping to get a level out of the next FE.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
My Klink is at level 43 and I just can't grind him any more. It is just too much work for too little gain. You can only redo the 3 FEs so many times before they become meaningless and joyless. I am only a couple of levels away from unlocking the Undine missions but I have done those some 15 times on the Fed side already so doing them with the Klink is not going to be that exciting either.

At least I am hoping to get a level out of the next FE.
Noooooooooooooo. Don't give up! You are soooo close.

What about aid the deferi daily? Pi Canis sortie? Or just do borg red alert. Think of it as just some pew pew fun.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-19-2011, 01:51 PM
I smashed from LC2 to CM 1 this weekend running raids, Breen, and a few of the romulan episodes. Topped off the weekend running Second Star to the right in my new D7 Sunday night. Grab a few friends and throw the difficulty up to Elite and plow through some episodes. Pretty much the least boring way of grinding since pvp queues for KDF are empty day in and out.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-19-2011, 02:00 PM
I just got my Orion to Commander 2 over the weekend, and I did it with a friend. Finding someone that is your same level makes doing all the Daily missions and Featured Episodes so much more interesting.

We essentially did this:

On Saturday we did the House of Martok quest and the Breen Featured Episode from start to finish. Then we did the Deferi Dailies and the Pi Canis Sorties, as well as Officer Reports from the Foundry. On Sunday we repeated the Deferi Dailies and the Pi Canis Sorties, then did the Second Star on the Right missions. After doing a few Foundry missions and then some exploration I hit Commander, then CMDR2.

It can be a grindfest, sure, but having a buddy there makes it less crappy. Also, learn to craft. It gives you great gear each rank, and puts all those mats you gather during exploration missions to use.

By the way, I LOVE MY NORGH. God its so cool. I cannot wait for the Ki'tang, but the Norgh will be great until then!
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-19-2011, 02:22 PM
"Go into the woods and Kill 10,000,000 boars"

Pretty much Lower KDF is Grind Grind Grind. Defend against X over n over ...while waiting Hours for a PvP Queue to Pop.

Having Leveled 7 Klingons to LTG1 I've tried many paths.
Explores - Defends - Featured Episodes (Replay) - Warzones/PvP (My Fav) - Mixes Of All
In the End the only one I looked forward to were the Occasional PvP Match.

Oh Currently leveling a Cmdr Tact KDF n LtC Engineer KDF.... around my 78 millionith Boar....

Fastest I've Leveled a Klingon - 11 Days