Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
09-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
My Klink is at level 43 and I just can't grind him any more. It is just too much work for too little gain. You can only redo the 3 FEs so many times before they become meaningless and joyless. I am only a couple of levels away from unlocking the Undine missions but I have done those some 15 times on the Fed side already so doing them with the Klink is not going to be that exciting either.

At least I am hoping to get a level out of the next FE.
What I did was the Borg zone defend missions since they gave 500 xp a pop till 45 or so. Then you can do STF's and get some borg gear and decent XP.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-20-2011, 07:42 AM
The only way I relieved the Grind was to buy 8 hour XP boosts and run;

Cold Comfort
Spin the Wheel
Skirmish
The Deferi daily (including side quests)

rinse repeat. It makes for a boring but high payout level process.

Frankly I would rather follow a PvE storyline to progress, but since currently all KDF fun (imo) is at cap this seemed the quickest way to get there.
Sadly I eventually gave up (disgruntled over not getting my medical liscence after saving the same two patients countless times) on the grind at BG1 and went back to my prime capped KDF toon.
My Klingon heart can only take so much,it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Good to see you back Roach

I'm still grinding 2 KDF toons up, but I have to day that it is boring like hell.

The announcement that KDF, if at all, will get new content in 2012 at best hit me hard.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-20-2011, 11:35 AM
You have 2 primary ways to level. Exploration missions witch are not great XP, or you can do the Empire Defence missions. I won't talk about PVP because that has been rather dead for a long time. On average you will get 1 bar for an exploration mission & 1 bar to half a bar for every 3 (10 Bars to level) With ED missions you may get anywhere from half a bar to 1.5 bars of xp from killing & 1.5 bars to 4 for each mission until it reverts to per 3 like exploration (after 5/6 levels).

The first time you run and ED mission you can get up to 6-7 bars of XP & you also get access to the normal ED missions as soon as you finish (and your progress from the original is remembered) this allows you to fish your normal ED mission 2/3 kills after your first & combined this will net you a full level.

The xp for Empire Defence is great when considering how little time they take to do. You get a number of these over the course of your KDF life, but it dries up when you hit 41 as the Borg defence missions (witch come a little later then the others, lvl43) need to be done 3 times for the XP. However by that time you will have access to the Borg region where you access a few more storyline mission.

I'd argue that the time to level a Klingon is a little faster then Feds due to the Empire defence missions, but it can be very boring, especially when the ED missions run dry on you and all you have left is exploration & featured mission replays. I suggest that you have something else lined up to do while the ED missions are on cool down, a book or TV show. That way you can take a short break between ED missions. It's not worth doing exploration in between given the travel time.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Good to see you back Roach

I'm still grinding 2 KDF toons up, but I have to day that it is boring like hell.

The announcement that KDF, if at all, will get new content in 2012 at best hit me hard.
Its good to be back, Thanks!

I wish I kew of a better/quicker way to level a KDF toon as my current concept may not be the most efficient route.

As it did me, but that door is already closed to us.
My concern is will we as a KDF fanbase survive what is basically a condensed grind (in the L25 change) until the promised new content arrives. It does not seem the L25 change will help the KDF playerbase and I hate to see us lose our composure and alienate those whom our creating it for us.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Well finally hit Lt. General today. I do have to say the Klingon side is quite lacking in story lines but quite fun and when used right BoP's are devastating.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
Well finally hit Lt. General today. I do have to say the Klingon side is quite lacking in story lines but quite fun and when used right BoP's are devastating.
But quite squishy if played wrongly.

Given the influx (or at least the premise there-of) of new ships to arrive in the Cstore under teh F2P , will the Hegh or the BoP as a whole get a little hull/shield love.
Or will new T5s roll out to give us a higher ranking BoP than Hegh'ta T4s, I wonder?

Don't get me wrong a well played Hegh is a tough nut to crack , even if you are a tac, but once that ridig exterior crumbles.. The BoP drops out from under you like it just had a latinum brick wrapped Lime wedges and Ginger into a mug of firewine while chanting tera'ngan.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
But quite squishy if played wrongly.

Given the influx (or at least the premise there-of) of new ships to arrive in the Cstore under teh F2P , will the Hegh or the BoP as a whole get a little hull/shield love.
Or will new T5s roll out to give us a higher ranking BoP than Hegh'ta T4s, I wonder?

Don't get me wrong a well played Hegh is a tough nut to crack , even if you are a tac, but once that ridig exterior crumbles.. The BoP drops out from under you like it just had a latinum brick wrapped Lime wedges and Ginger into a mug of firewine while chanting tera'ngan.
Yep, it is a finesse ship that is mostly hit and run to stay alive. I would love to see some hull love on them.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutunto
Well after following the advices of "friendly" Kling on advisers I managed to figure out the city layout and now I am in space fighting my way, I managed so far to make it to LT 8, now is when my problems, troubles and struggles started. I get a mission to go to one of the sectors to fight but the problem is, no one in my level rank from the Feds wants to fight, how can I finish the mission if no one wants to PVP, every single player I challenged refuse my challenge, what do I do? How will I manage to raise the level of my toon if no one wants to PVP? Or am I doing something wrong? So far seems that the only way to level is to keep doing the mission of going into the nebula and explore 3 planets, is that the only PVE thing? At least for level 8 LT?
I too have suffered such struggles and I know your pain. So, PM me or watch for @ithaqua. I got two lieutenants ready and waiting.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-21-2011, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
Yep, it is a finesse ship that is mostly hit and run to stay alive. I would love to see some hull love on them.
Finesse is fine and the BoP functions well as such an adaptible vessel.
My concerns are that it not be left behind in "stats" as the newer vessels are rolled out for the Cstore.

The reality of if it needs such design love remains to be seen though and is more concern than fact at this point.