Lt. Commander
# 21
09-24-2011, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT.Tomislav View Post
This
Just decrease the efficiency of buffs and debuffs.
Now chances are this will make PvE lovers cry, but there is a rather obvious solution to that, which is having separate skills for pvp and pve
all they would have to do is decrease the hitpoints and damage of the npc's and they wouldn't notice. separating the skills is a copout, laziness and an admittance to failure. the same results can be had by not separating the skills, and putting in the work that is needed to get it right.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-24-2011, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
all they would have to do is decrease the hitpoints and damage of the npc's and they wouldn't notice. separating the skills is a copout, laziness and an admittance to failure. the same results can be had by not separating the skills, and putting in the work that is needed to get it right.
GW is considered to be the game with (one of) the best PvP gameplay, and they have split skills.
I do agree though that splitting skills would hurt PvP in the long run because n00bies would not be happy with learning their skills all over again.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-24-2011, 03:18 AM
Quote:
This
Just decrease the efficiency of buffs and debuffs.
Now chances are this will make PvE lovers cry, but there is a rather obvious solution to that, which is having separate skills for pvp and pve
Yes. I used to be against splitting PvE and PvP skills, as it's the easy way out, and it's creating a barrier to entry to PvP. But I believe the barrier to entry in PvP is already so large that it's irrelevant what we add onto it (and changing the skills can lower it again), and the easy way out is not a valid reason to not fix a problem. It's not like we have to kill puppies to do it, or do other immoral things. :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-24-2011, 03:47 AM
splitting the skills also implys you need skills to play pve. it would end up being even more boring, but you almost completely don't. even if us pvp players nerf every skill in half its still more then you need to sail through pve.

the 3 most fundamental things this game need to improve space gameplay and trekness is

1 toneing down the buffing, resisting, spike damage and yoyo healing. further refining of station powers, how about some always on passive powers too?

2 huge spam reduction, and that includes the number of energy weapons fire from your ship at a time. also ship type roles and station setups that match canon more then traditional mmo classes like tank, dps healer, etc.

3 pve overhaul, with npc's that have player health, damage, and # of station powers. the ai should be programed to buff stack, react to damage by healing, and even retreating when damaged or call in reinforcements. destroying an enemy ship should be rare, unless its a ship from a faction your at war with.

do all this and those spinal lances, javelins and Isometric Charges will fit in just right! see, im on topic kinda
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-24-2011, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Do you feel the Spinal Lance and Javelin are similarly underpowered?
There are definitely times I feel like the spinal lance lacks a bit of punch.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
If they buff the GalX turnrate it will become the iwin ship and nobody wants that.
It's just fine where it is.

It is true though that it feels like spinal lance is doing less damage after season 4 update compared to what it did... I used to crit for up to 44k x2, now i'm happy if i manage to get it to do 2 shots for 10k each... (with tractor beam on and target completely still)
I'm not saying BUFF THE TURNRATE. I'm saying, give us the ability to trade something for it. Taking, say, hull down by 80% and turnrate up by 80% should cost one console instead of costing 4 just to take the turnrate up 5 degrees.

The Garumba kinda has a tradeoff mechanic built in.

It makes no sense to have cannons equippable on something without creating a context where it makes sense to do so.

There should be a reason to include every strategy or skill available in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Do you feel the Spinal Lance and Javelin are similarly underpowered?
Don't know the numbers behind the game, but it's definately not hitting like a Lance shot. Tribble was definately overpowered, but Holodeck is way underpowered.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-24-2011, 06:33 PM
I like the new skin, think the weapon is a waste & I'm skilled in def, defd & ops. Not worth giving up a slot for it; maybe if they made it a device, otherwise it's a waste.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Quote:
If they buff the GalX turnrate it will become the iwin ship and nobody wants that.
It's just fine where it is.
Yeah, it's fine where it is.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-25-2011, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Yeah, it's fine where it is.
Is it fine where it is with a dual heavy cannon build?