Lt. Commander
I'm on the brink of nerdrage so I have to complain about scramble even though it's already been mentioned a million times.

As someone who's (more often than not) first target for alpha, focus fire, scramble, SNB, etc...these new changes have me scrambled at least 50% of any given match. I played a good 10-15 games last night and I got scrambled every single game. No exception - no exaggeration. I even had THREE copies of scramble on me for almost the entirety of an arena match. This isn't even including that stupid antimatter console.

To the Devs: Let's be clear with this. Although scramble sensors can technically be cleared with sci team...you pretty much have a forced misfire from scramble even if you target yourself. The problem is NOT the fact that scramble confuses friend or foe. No one really cares about that. The problem is the forced misfire. There isn't just a random chance to misfire; it misfires every single time - purposely on the enemy (it rarely misfires to teammates) unless you have no targets in your field of view.

Scramble has been one of the top three issues with PvP for at least 9 months, I'm nothing short of astounded that not only was scramble buffed, but now there's a scramble console.

I've been adapting to PvP changes for a year and a half now...and this is the closest I've gotten to nerdrage (including the whole FAW fiasco because I just figured the devs were working on season 4 and didn't have time to fix it.) This isn't some oversight, guys. This is a deliberate slap in the face to PvP.

I want to reiterate that I'm uncharacteristically [ticked] off by this. Normally I just bend over and adapt but this is freaking ridiculous. I'll even make a fraps video if needed just to show how often I'm scrambled and you'll see that I'm not exaggerating in the least.

/end rant
Lt. Commander
# 2 Well said, Bob. Well said.
09-17-2011, 03:57 PM
I feel largely the same way except for the fact that I can't seem to hide the nerd rage anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
This is freaking ridiculous.
+1. Nerf scramble.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-17-2011, 04:17 PM
I <3 the new conslole.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
I <3 the new conslole.
I also <3 the new consLOLe

On a side note, sorry yak, i took guilty pleasure in scrambling you
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-17-2011, 04:33 PM
FIX SCRAMBLE!!!

That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I feel largely the same way except for the fact that I can't seem to hide the nerd rage anymore.
Hale knows what I'm talking about. He's one of the few people that gets targeted more often than I do hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
I <3 the new conslole.
I like the visual effect. Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with the console if it didn't force misfires like scramble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
On a side note, sorry yak, i took guilty pleasure in scrambling you
I wouldn't mind...but everyone else seems to take guilty pleasure in it too so I end up constantly scrambled every match >.<
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
I wouldn't mind...but everyone else seems to take guilty pleasure in it too so I end up constantly scrambled every match >.<
you just need to rename your fleet and all your toons :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Short of an actual, reasonable fix, it might be nice if Cryptic offered something akin to a witness relocation program...
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-17-2011, 05:22 PM
I hear ya yak. I spent last night in a daze.

Maybe why I pre ordered SWTOR today.

Or why I pulled out knights of the old republic 2 in nostolgia slash excitement. And I'm playing it now

I wonder what's on tv....