Lt. Commander
Is there any way i can bind my left & right mouse buttons to keyboard or G-13 Gameboard as i currently have inflamed tendons in my right hand and using mouse clicks is torture.

I`m not looking to automate the button pushing (i have a left hand for that )

Any help appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-19-2011, 08:33 AM
I am assuming you are referring to the current in-game default function of using both Left and Right buttons to "camera turn to face". Sure you can assign any key(s) to this function. The problem is that you don't have the third function of a mouse that actually turns the camera. I guess you could have "Camera type = follow target" in the Controls section.

However, if you are asking if you can configure your actual keyboard to have the same functionality as the left + right mouse button, that is dependent on your peripherals and if they have the option to be configured for both the left and right mouse button at the same time. My Saitek X65-F and Razer Anansi can do it, but I don't have a Logitech keyboard to test.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDS
However, if you are asking if you can configure your actual keyboard to have the same functionality as the left + right mouse button, that is dependent on your peripherals and if they have the option to be configured for both the left and right mouse button at the same time. My Saitek X65-F and Razer Anansi can do it, but I don't have a Logitech keyboard to test.
That is the bit i'm interested in, assigning a Function button to Left mouse button and another to Right.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-19-2011, 11:03 AM
What kind of mouse do you have?
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDS
What kind of mouse do you have?
Something extremely generic with no frills.

Would a mouse with programable buttons be my best option then?
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Most definately... I tried using the generic Microsoft configuration (Win7) and didn't have my MS Sidewinder connected and it would not let me change the button configuration. Normally, I can change any button to perform any key stroke or macro.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-19-2011, 07:37 PM
I now have a solution that works for the time being, not able to move l&r mouse buttons to keystrokes but i have moved them to the two side buttons on a RAT 7 i now have a loan of (damn this thing is heavy and wierd!).

For now this works just fine as i dont have to use two sore fingers anymore and am using my thumb for the clicking.

This would not be viable if i used my mouse for steering/running but the thumbstick on my G13 takes care of that.

Appreciate the help.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-19-2011, 08:32 PM
I can only sympathize. I am getting up in age myself, but so far most things work fairly predictably.

Anyway, I actually really like the Cyborg configuration software over the Razer ones as it seems more flexible. Also, most gaming mice have weights and other components that you can add or remove to make it more comfortable to use.

I have the MS Sidewinder and Razer Naga Epic. I like the feel of the Sidewindere but the Naga is nice due to the full numpad added on the side.

Good luck and take care of your health!
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-20-2011, 03:58 AM
Finally!

Managed to work out how to use my G13 for mouse l&r buttons so everything is good now, discovered that in the macro manager you can add what they call a "mouse event"... clicked on that then respective mouse button to assign it, now to return this rat.

Very happy.