Lt. Commander
# 11
09-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Your trying to bring down shields, right? I didn't notice mention of D.E.M. in you list of skills there.
D.E.M?

What that is?
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutherios View Post
D.E.M?

What that is?
DEM... Directed Energy Modulation.

http://www.stowiki.org/Ability:_Dire...rgy_Modulation
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
Hmm... wouldnt that defeat the purpose? That essentially increases the 'bleedthrough' to penetrating the shields... so i guess my next logical question is how the phaser proc works, is it applicable through the shields? or do you have to strike hull to proc it similar to kinetic damage? if it is like kinetic damage then the DEM would increase the proc rate right? And can you combine DEM with something like beam overload for a makeshift 'energy beam torpedo' type of strike?
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Now a secondary question on phasers then ...
CRF increase proccing?
Will having critH help critical rate? I want to be as helpfully acceptable as I can be!

Yes CRF will increase your proc rate. SCV even better; but is more effective if being shot directly on hull since it's an AoE attack. So I would take SCV if you're playing vs NPCs.

Critical chance won't affect your proc rate.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Hmm... wouldnt that defeat the purpose? That essentially increases the 'bleedthrough' to penetrating the shields... so i guess my next logical question is how the phaser proc works, is it applicable through the shields? or do you have to strike hull to proc it similar to kinetic damage? if it is like kinetic damage then the DEM would increase the proc rate right? And can you combine DEM with something like beam overload for a makeshift 'energy beam torpedo' type of strike?
DEM still compliments an attack, especiallly when your supporting another attacker. That 20 points doesnt seem like much, but it adds up to total damage with each pulse, making it harder for the enemy to recover. To the best of my knowledge, DEM is on its own, directly tied to the actualy beam attack.The phaser proc' works as a shutdown of a random system. I've hit shields and the proc brought them down for a short time.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
DEM still compliments an attack, especiallly when your supporting another attacker. That 20 points doesnt seem like much, but it adds up to total damage with each pulse, making it harder for the enemy to recover. To the best of my knowledge, DEM is on its own, directly tied to the actualy beam attack.The phaser proc' works as a shutdown of a random system. I've hit shields and the proc brought them down for a short time.
DEM arnt you talking about FBP? Dem penetrates sheild. where FBP pulses the energy attack back...
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
DEM arnt you talking about FBP? Dem penetrates sheild. where FBP pulses the energy attack back...
Nope. I can coun't on my hand the number of times I've seen FBP used to any real affect in PvP: zilch. A group of people al using DEM can really pile up the damage.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-21-2011, 11:33 AM
DEM is a good way to defeat shield tankers... but you need 2 or 3 people using it for it to really work.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
DEM is a good way to defeat shield tankers... but you need 2 or 3 people using it for it to really work.
Exactly, he/she said they were working with other people...
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Quote:
DEM got changed during Season 1. DEM doesn't increase bleedthrough damage. Now it's a purely extra damage done directly to the hull. DEM II fully spec'ed at full weapon power does 100+ pts of extra damage per weapon tic. Imagine the carnage with CRF or CSV with cannons.