Lt. Commander
# 11
09-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Hey guys,

Internal discussions continue about some of the more powers that are more problematic in PvP, in particular Tactical Team and Scramble Sensors. We wanted to share some of our thoughts and ask for input from the community.

Note that all of this is simply at the stage of "proposal" - we want to hear from the community before we make any kind of final determinations on any of this.

Scramble Sensors Proposal
1. Reduce maximum duration by about a third.
Like it.

Quote:
2. Max Targets to 5 (there has to be a cap on this, but we are willing to consider a higher cap than 5)
I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand as the previous poster mentioned this could promote spam. On the other hand a limit is needed.

Quote:
3. When under a confuse effect, if you have no target any power that is Self-or-Friend will always target Self. Meaning, instead of doing the camera shuffle you would only have to deselect then hit Science Team to clear the effect.
Like this.
Quote:
Tactical Team Proposal
1. Split off the shield redistribution as a new, separate Boff power starting at Ensign
Like this idea. More then anything else, it makes a tact ensign slot more useful.

Like another poster said though, make the new skill a self-buff only.

Quote:
2. Keep recharge time the same.
Makes sense as a team skill.

Quote:
3. Reduce duration of all effects from current 10s to 5s.
Like it.

Quote:
4. Add an additional effect that is tactical themed, not damage, and is either instant or 5s in duration.

For the Tactical Team proposal, we would welcome suggestions for an appropriate new effect for #4.
Hmm. How about a small boost the accuracy? Maybe with TT1 giving a 5+ accuracy boost, TT2 = +10 and TT3 = +15. Maybe a bit more then that, but not more then a max of +20.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-19-2011, 01:29 PM
As a possible tactical solution to scramble- make it not be a projectile that burst targets people- have it go off like charged particle burst instead.

IMO this would solve several problems with the power without significant change to it, and also fit the trek lore better :3

EDIT: Tactical themed enhancement for TT? How about reducing tactical power cooldown, a la holographic officer? Or increasing projectile weapon cooldown speed.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Hey guys,

Internal discussions continue about some of the more powers that are more problematic in PvP, in particular Tactical Team and Scramble Sensors. We wanted to share some of our thoughts and ask for input from the community.

Note that all of this is simply at the stage of "proposal" - we want to hear from the community before we make any kind of final determinations on any of this.

Scramble Sensors Proposal
1. Reduce maximum duration by about a third.
2. Max Targets to 5 (there has to be a cap on this, but we are willing to consider a higher cap than 5)
3. When under a confuse effect, if you have no target any power that is Self-or-Friend will always target Self. Meaning, instead of doing the camera shuffle you would only have to deselect then hit Science Team to clear the effect.

Tactical Team Proposal
1. Split off the shield redistribution as a new, separate Boff power starting at Ensign
4. Add an additional effect that is tactical themed, not damage, and is either instant or 5s in duration.

For the Tactical Team proposal, we would welcome suggestions for an appropriate new effect for #4.
SS
1 - should be a very good change... the duration right now is high. 1/3 might be a good starting point
2 - as others have said 5 scares us all thinking that people will spam as a SS protection... is it possible to reduce the AOE range instead ? If not perhaps a slightly higher number... as much as I hate to suggest that. lol
3 - very good change... I would think if you clear target this should fix Evasive misfires as well.

Tac Team
1 - I like this as a solution to remove the 10 second cleanse, I do worry this new skill could become the defacto skill... but at least it forces a choice for people wishing to carry it... as long as you watch the duration and strength of the effect to not make it "too good" perhaps a mirror at a lower tier of RSP... honestly make it the poor mans RSP that we joke it is. Meaning 6 12 and 15 seconds for the 3 tiers.
2 - yes it should be a team skill and the same global should apply
3 - very good... this will fix the current issue with tactical debuff skills
4 - I would like to see a "Combat Stations" Effect added... which would provide a 5s speed and turn boost (I know omega does this already... still it fits the tree and the Non Dmg components) If you think it could use a bit of extra punch... perhaps adding a "Battle Hardened" State as well... something like say Tractor immunity for 5 seconds.
Basicly make tac team 5s of wipe your debuffs and get you moving so you can do dmg skill.

PS thanks for asking for thoughts this early. New and VERY much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Off the cuff response to new uses for Tactical Team, not all together, just suggestions for single additions (I'll probably take whatever replaces it with shield balancing anyway):
  • Something akin to the captain's Tactical Initiative power, reducing cooldowns of tactical powers and possibly weapons. Photonic Officer could be an issue, but maybe make TT affect something that PO doesn't, like torpedo refire (unless it already does, in which case excuse the ignorance) or torpedo speed.
  • Turn rate buff or minor defence buff. Make it an alternative to APO, doesn't deal with holds and no damage buff but more manoeuvrability at similar BO slot cost.
  • Point defence, say give the point defence turret from the C-Store temporarily, but using an array effect and on a cooldown.
  • Extend weapon arcs, make them say, 3% wider at rank 1, 6% at rank 2 and 10% at rank 3, only when the power is in affect of course (indirectly increases damage, so might not be what you're after).
  • Weapon or shield offline debuff clearing, not the other systems.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-19-2011, 01:31 PM
I propose the following change:

- Scramble Sensors (single target, causes enemy to target friendly ships)
- Confuse Sensors (aoe target, causes enemies within range to target friendly ships)

Scramble Sensors would act much like it does today, in that it launches a sensor probe at the enemy target, which causes the enemy to begin firing on his allies and foes alike. Contrary to current mechanics, this is merely a single target ability.

Confuse Sensors would be the AoE equivalent of the current "Scramble Sensors", with a twist: The effect initiated would appear similar to the current science ability 'Dampening Field', around your own ship. Any enemy ships within the "bubble" radius would be effected.

Confuse Sensors should not have a maximum limit, as it relies on confusing as many as possible within the bubble for a short duration. To counteract this ability, use Science Team, or avoid getting in close proximity.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
If this is true why limit feedback to the PvP Gameplay forum? Are these changes only going to effect PvPers?

No.

So does the feedback of only a percentage of the population matter? This thread should really be moved to a general community forum.

Not to be snotty or condescending but these powers have little to no real effect on PvE. When I level up an alt I do not equip TT until max level for PVP
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Instead of having 5 targets max, lower the area of effect to 2km. Or else you'll only encourage more fighter/mine/charlie-the-unicorn spam.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-19-2011, 01:32 PM
2 pages of responses within 20 minutes. Not like we care about these abilities or anything....lol
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
2 pages of responses within 20 minutes. Not like we care about these abilities or anything....lol
lol, thank goodness cryptic's finally talking to us
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
[...]
Tactical Team Proposal

1 - Interesting Idea.

4 - Really not easy to find sth there. Restoring it's crew replenish component would be pointless w/o giving crew more impact, and in turn then reworking the whole way kinetic hits affect them.
A disable heal is out of the question too. Even if single time I fear it is too powerful.
Maybe, if tech permits it, make it some kind of opener power. If I use tac team first and then hit power b in the 5 seconds I get effect c in addition. An additional boarding party shuttle for example *shrug*