Lt. Commander
# 371
10-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasten_Blaster View Post
because people feel its now overpowered and makes boarding parties useless and a waste of a skill along with its shield ability so its being split into 2 seperate skills
Boarding parties are useless excpet when Old Faw was round nothing like wasting 3 beams on those 3 shuttles.
Lt. Commander
# 372
10-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Boarding parties are useless excpet when Old Faw was round nothing like wasting 3 beams on those 3 shuttles.
ya i used FAW, CSV, GWell, PSW. if its an AoE does damage and i have it i'll waste it on BP
Lt. Commander
# 373
10-12-2011, 06:45 PM
three weeks since that last post heretic. How we coming along with the changes???
Lt. Commander
# 374
10-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
three weeks since that last post heretic. How we coming along with the changes???
-hears crickets- i have a sickining feeling there will be no more updates until the f2p system goes live :/
Lt. Commander
# 375
10-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Heretic's been putting in 14+ hour days for the last two weeks on the DOFF system. If they put 1/5 the effort into pvp they put into that, we'd have had balance a month ago. Maybe we'll get Heretic making posts until 4am and interacting with us in opvp when the focus switches away from DOFF's to pvp. Sometime next year I'm guessing.
Lt. Commander
# 376
10-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Quote:
They're still coming; unfortunately between the work on the space skill tree revamp, the duty officer system, and getting the carrier changes (including AI commands) nailed down for Tribble Geko and I have both been completely swamped.

I am hoping to squeeze some time in sometime next week to work on Tactical Team; the skill splitting and new power are both going to be very complicated.
Lt. Commander
# 377
10-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
They're still coming; unfortunately between the work on the space skill tree revamp, the duty officer system, and getting the carrier changes (including AI commands) nailed down for Tribble Geko and I have both been completely swamped.

I am hoping to squeeze some time in sometime next week to work on Tactical Team; the skill splitting and new power are both going to be very complicated.
it certainly seemed like you had a huge amount of stuff on your plate, thanks for getting the ball rolling on these power fixes before they just got put off indefinitely. at least work was started on them
Lt. Commander
# 378
10-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Why has photonic shockwave been totally ignored? It needs a counter badly and is perhaps the biggest exploit in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 379
10-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
Why has photonic shockwave been totally ignored? It needs a counter badly and is perhaps the biggest exploit in the game.

Ehh the stun immunity is enough, Aux2ID and inertial dampener consoles are supposed to help. The stun for a couple of seconds is manageable.
Lt. Commander
# 380
10-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
Aux to Damp... any level.
Attack Pattern Omega... any level.

Outside of that it has a 3km range... lasts for a couple seconds... does very little dmg itself... and compared to other skills has a very long cool down and no lingering effects.

Of course there is also the fact that it gives you stun immunity... meaning no second shock waves to worry about... no Tricobalt stuns.

Not sure what your issue is... EVERY ship in the game can load a counter for this skill with ease. If not put all power to shields when you get hit... and 3 seconds later continue as normal.