Lt. Commander
# 11
09-20-2011, 06:00 AM
I suspect that the 2.5% Phaser proc is per system so with four systems that brings the actual proc rate to 10%. I don't know if that's true, nor do I know how to test it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-20-2011, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I suspect that the 2.5% Phaser proc is per system so with four systems that brings the actual proc rate to 10%. I don't know if that's true, nor do I know how to test it.
From the number crunching I did (painful number crunching) I determined the proc rate of phasers is at least 8 percent right now. I've heard from better number crunchers than I it's more akin to 10 percent.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-20-2011, 06:31 AM
Nooooooooooo! Don't nerf muh phasers bro!
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-20-2011, 06:36 AM
They need it though. No other weapon impacts pvp quite like phasers can.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-20-2011, 06:40 AM
Yeah I know.

I tried to make the others work so much. Just not worth it vs phasers. Antiproton maybe, but yeah. I've seen phaser shield procs that last 10 seconds. That's just ludacrisp.

And the defense against them I think is worthless right? No need to spec into subsystem repair right? Either way that's one expensive counter if it did work.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
Yeah I know.

I tried to make the others work so much. Just not worth it vs phasers. Antiproton maybe, but yeah. I've seen phaser shield procs that last 10 seconds. That's just ludacrisp.

And the defense against them I think is worthless right? No need to spec into subsystem repair right? Either way that's one expensive counter if it did work.
Yeah subsystem repair is a joke that doesn't even lower the duration of the proc. (if it gave you 'immunity' or even just put the proc rate Where It Belongs every toon I have would have it maxed)
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-20-2011, 07:32 AM
Anti Polaron?

But yes the proc's should be looked at, its not really viable to skill into a higher tier weapontype... I don't know why it takes to long for cryptic to balance this part of the game... *sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-20-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm anxiously awaiting all the space weapons to be balanced. I don't mind spending points to "specialize" in one type vs another, but they should all cost the same. As it is Phasers and Disruptors are the best primarily because they cost the least to specialize in.

As far as the Phaser proc itself, there are plenty of abilities that repair disabled systems. RMC repairs all disabled systems, so it's nice to have available if your shields or engines should go offline during a fight.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Anti Polaron?

But yes the proc's should be looked at, its not really viable to skill into a higher tier weapontype... I don't know why it takes to long for cryptic to balance this part of the game... *sigh*
Yes MT we know you love the purple bolts. I find the proc kinda meh. And in all my testing I believe an EPS trumps it. Unless you get 3 to stack. And I've only seen that once in my testing.

I just want tetryon to be as nasty as is good looking and sounding. They are my favorite and should make shields go bye byes. But it just doesn't happen.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
They need it though. No other weapon impacts pvp quite like phasers can.
maybe know but when they all on even field things may be different. At this point in time it be best to leave things the way they are test the new setup once it on either tribble or redshirt then provide feedback.