Lt. Commander
# 11
09-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Its debatable whether not we "deserve" it, but I definitely wouldnt mind it
Yeah. I don't think anyone owes us anything, but if they want to hand me some free points, I won't say no, either.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-20-2011, 05:17 PM
I agree with the OP, for months now we as a player base have been strung along with promises and push backs. they told us that Season 4 would have doff system, new tutorials with new tutorial zones, ground combat revamp, the borg invasion and immediately following the release we'd start getting FE. Season 4 released in July. We got ground combat and SFA. We recently got only a small portion of the borg invasion. Doff system has been delayed, FE have been delayed, STF revamp has been delayed, still no Klingon Academy.

Season 4.1 was supposed to release some borg ground invasion, the STF revamp (with loot) and Klingon Academy, AND NOW THAT IS DELAYED. They've strung us along with promises of new stuff releasing and have pushed it back. And now it looks like all of it won't come to holo-deck until F2P launches. This is unacceptable. they have strung us along all this time, and I believe have known all along that nothing would happen until after F2P but didn't want the mass exodus that would have ensued had they been straight forward. They've swindled us. Not only are they holding all content for F2P, but they want us to pay for it to test it for them.

Here's an idea. Keep your promises, release the content we've been paying to develop, and then put it into the F2P shard to make sure it is compatible. Stop stringing us along. For all the broken promises we've endured over the past 6 months, yeah I believe cryptic owes us something. And starting to pay the stipend to anyone who subs should just be the start. They owe us a lot more than that!

(Thanx for the edits boglejam)
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-20-2011, 05:28 PM
fixed for ease-of-reading....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
I agree with the OP, for months now we as a player base have been strung along with promises and push backs. they told us that Season 4 would have doff system, new tutorials with new tutorial zones, ground combat revamp, the borg invasion and immediately following the release we'd start getting FE. Season 4 released in July. We got ground combat and SFA. We recently got only a small portion of the borg invasion. Doff system has been delayed, FE have been delayed, STF revamp has been delayed, still no Klingon Academy.

Season 4.1 was supposed to release some borg ground invasion, the STF revamp (with loot) and Klingon Academy, AND NOW THAT IS DELAYED. They've strung us along with promises of new stuff releasing and have pushed it back. And now it looks like all of it won't come to holo-deck until F2P launches. This is unacceptable. they have strung us along all this time, and I believe have known all along that nothing would happen until after F2P but didn't want the mass exodus that would have ensued had they been straight forward. They've swindled us. Not only are they holding all content for F2P, but they want us to pay for it to test it for them.

Here's an idea. Keep your promises, release the content we've been paying to develop, and then put it into the F2P shard to make sure it is compatible. Stop stringing us along. For all the broken promises we've endured over the past 6 months, yeah I believe cryptic owes us something. And starting to pay the stipend to anyone who subs should just be the start. They owe us a lot more than that!
A few thoughts after reading your post...

1.) Paragraphs are good. I fixed your post for you.

2.) Its a video game. If it makes you this angry, maybe you should stop playing for a while and come back later?

3.) Monthly subscribers who feel the game isn't worth their monthly sub cost are capable of unsubbing. No one is forcing them to continue to pay to test or pay to wait for content. If they choose to keep subbing, they must feel that the options given to them by Cryptic are worth the cost.

4.) You went all-in on your lifetime sub bet. Sorry you don't like the payout. Again, maybe you should consider an STO vacation?
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-20-2011, 05:28 PM
OP has made a compelling argument that I fully support and have no issues with.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Apparently some of you are new to MMOs. Stuff gets delayed. Content droughts happen. It happens in every MMO. If you don't like it, stop paying them money! If you can't handle the delays and lack of content that you like then why are you still here? You vote with your wallet. That is the other side of capitalism so many seem to forget.

As for the stipend. No. Wait for it. No one is entitled to it yet because the game isn't F2P yet.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Cryptic is a business, not a charity.
True. Likewise, we are customers and not benefactors. However we have been asked to serve such a role, giving the game additional funds via microtransactions.

It was an extraordinary thing to ask on a subscription game, but we did it. Time and time again, through controversy and debate, we paid.

A lot. 19 months in, I am easily north of $500 spent on the game, not counting the box cost. On virtually ANY other subscription game out there, the absolute max you would have spent is $300.

And we did it gladly, because we like the game.

Yet there has been a distinct lack of "thankyous" coming forth. The typical observance for a holiday or anniversary is "Here, pay slightly less in addition to your sub"

Which is fine, they had a lot on their plate.

Yet here we are, months from meaningful contents, and the things we have been waiting on are being delayed again, being shunted into the beta test.

Extensive testing of the Doff system I can see, but to with-hold an FE so it makes a bigger splash with the F2P launch when PAYING CUSTOMERS are begging for something to do is.... not good.

If they really want us to stick around and deal with that, they can compensate us for it. Its not an unreasonable request

Asking people to keep paying without deliveing content is not reasonable

Telling people to just quit playing and come back later might be reasonable to you, but it sounds like something a crazy person would say if they are in the business of trying to retain people in their game.

Indeed, right now is about the worst time to drive people to unsub for a while and wait, they very well might not come back for months given the big RPGs coming down the line. Even without that "other MMO with space stuff" coming soon, there is a certain Blizzard game and something about Scrolls that are Elder or something.

Cryptic IS a business, and when they have something that makes customers unhappy, they do things to fix it. And very often, they will give them free things to make it happy-shiny.

Soups cold? Let me get you some more.. on the house.
Car broke? Here have a rental.
Your hard drive died? A new one is will be there tomorrow

Because they want you to keep coming back.

Also, lets not only focus on the stipend - we also need relief in the "service items" we have to pay for even for being subscribers.

Edit: Honestly, stop telling people to unsub, that's just ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
It was an extraordinary thing to ask on a subscription game, but we did it. Time and time again, through controversy and debate, we paid.
Yes, the Cryptic ninjas attacked your house, snuck in in the dead of night, and demanded you pay to play their game. You had no choice but to give Cryptic your cash.

Oh, wait. You willingly paid to play the game thru an exercise of free will and economic analysis of cost/benefit?

Never mind.

Quit asking for freebies, already. Its really kind of sad.

Quote:
Edit: Honestly, stop telling people to unsub, that's just ridiculous.
Actually, no, it isn't. Unsubbing is what adults do when they feel the enjoyment they derive from continuing a subscription isn't worth the cost of the subscription. Nothing ridiculous about that.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Yes, the Cryptic ninjas attacked your house, snuck in in the dead of night, and demanded you pay to play their game. You had no choice but to give Cryptic your cash.

Oh, wait. You willingly paid to play the game thru an exercise of free will and economic analysis of cost/benefit?

Never mind.

Quit asking for freebies, already. Its really kind of sad.

Actually, no, it isn't. Unsubbing is what adults do when they feel the enjoyment they derive from continuing a subscription isn't worth the cost of the subscription. Nothing ridiculous about that.

And its what insane people do when they game they play needs active players to survive.

If every person who wasn't satsified with the game in some way had just QUIT instead of asking for changes, then this game would have closed ages ago. So you really need to climb off the high horse, buddy.

And I am not asking for a freebie. I am asking for BETTER compensation for the PRICE we ALREADY PAY to access the game since they have NOT BEEN DELIVERING the goods to us for a long period of time now.

It boggles the mind that anyone would react this way. You subscribe too. It would benefit ALL OF YOU since everyone here a subscriber, whether a lifetimer or not. And drankly, it doesn't hurt Cryptic, since it would likely only affect October and November. They pretty much gave away this much for answering a few questions one time.

Have a little self-respect, its okay to have expectations as a consumer and not blindly give them money.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
It boggles the mind that anyone would react this way. You subscribe too. It would benefit ALL OF YOU since everyone here a subscriber, whether a lifetimer or not. And drankly, it doesn't hurt Cryptic, since it would likely only affect October and November. They pretty much gave away this much for answering a few questions one time.

Have a little self-respect, its okay to have expectations as a consumer and not blindly give them money.
It boggles the mind to think that as a paying customer who has recieved exactly what they paid for you continue to feel you are entitled to free c-store points.

You got everything you paid for. You can do everything there is to do in the game. You have all of your C-store shineys. Why should they give you free game money?

Oh, because you feel there should be more to do, NOW. Well, there isn't. There won't be. Not for a couple of months at least. That is the situation we are all currently in. You don't have any options since you are a lifer, and asking for the stipend to start now does hurt Cryptic - because it costs them money to give you a stipend. The stipend represents real cash you maybe would have paid them for cryptic points that you won't have to give them now.

A monthly subber thou can make the (quite rational) choice to quit paying for the game for a couple of months, if they feel it isn't worth their sub cost.

Sorry you feel ripped off, but you have exactly what you paid for.

And maybe you should have taken your own advice about self respect before posting a gimmee-free-stuff thread? I didn't blindly give them money. I paid for a product and I recieved the product. If anything, you asking for some sort of freebie c-store points prior to F2P launch makes me think you blindly gave over your money and now regret it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-20-2011, 06:30 PM
You know what else is rational?

Asking for compensation for the lack of updates.

Customers ask for compensation for a disappointing experience millions of times a day.

You can keep wishing for players to refrain from that, but then YOU would be the irrational one.

And unsatsified players are certainly within their rights to unsub, but Cryptic CERTAINLY doesn't want that, and YOU as a player who wants to see STO continue shouldn't either. They are in the business of keeping people playing.

Also role this around in your brain a minute: 800CPs (for Oct and Nov, which is how long our content is being delayed again) is less than ONE MONTH of sub time, I really don't see how it will ruin cryptic to make a move that would keep some subscribers happy.

Maybe I'm just crazy or bad at math.