Lt. Commander
# 21
09-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Maybe I'm just crazy or bad at math.
Probably at least one, maybe both.

Yeah, I get where you are coming from and on some level I agree.

I do agree that customers have the right to complain. I think complaints about the long content drought are valid, mostly.

What I don't agree with is an entitlement attitude that because you don't feel the game is where it should be, that Cryptic owes the players some sort of kickback.

I like to use my cable company as an analogy for subscription MMO's. There might not be any shows on that I want to watch, but the service is still there, still giving me all the access I paid for. Something will be on eventually that I want to watch. If eventually becomes too long, I'll call the cable company and say thanks, but I am done and quit paying them.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-20-2011, 06:59 PM
It not like I am singling out anyone. I said ALL SUBSCRIBERS should get it. Because ALL SUBSCRIBERS have been shorted on content for months.

We are ABSOLUTELY entitled. Entitled to a minimum amount of entertainment for the price we pay, and I am hardly the 1st person to decry that the amount has not been reached, for a long time now. And I refuse to accept that my only choices are "Living with it" or "Quit"

Frankly, people quitting due to being dis-satisfied is very bad and we should ALL want to keep that from happening. Yet a good number of cutsomers are likely to do so when a lot of big games launch over the next month or so. It is a TERRIBLE TIME for Cryptic to not be satisfying people.. and Cryptic doing a little something to make amends would go a long way to stop the bleeding.

Thus I am asking for compensation. FOR EVERYONE. In a reasonable way.

At this point, I get it that you don't agree and I thank you for your feedback. I also decline to retract my request. Thanks for responding!
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Probably at least one, maybe both.

Yeah, I get where you are coming from and on some level I agree.

I do agree that customers have the right to complain. I think complaints about the long content drought are valid, mostly.

What I don't agree with is an entitlement attitude that because you don't feel the game is where it should be, that Cryptic owes the players some sort of kickback.

I like to use my cable company as an analogy for subscription MMO's. There might not be any shows on that I want to watch, but the service is still there, still giving me all the access I paid for. Something will be on eventually that I want to watch. If eventually becomes too long, I'll call the cable company and say thanks, but I am done and quit paying them.
Except thats a horrible analogy.

You dont go 6 plus months without some new television show or new episodes coming out. But thats what were going thru here. Weve paid for almost 8 months with little to no improvement content wise.

Yes we got the Borg Incursions, but in all reality thats nothing more then a new twist on an already established game mechanic..DSEs.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
Except thats a horrible analogy.

You dont go 6 plus months without some new television show or new episodes coming out. But thats what were going thru here. Weve paid for almost 8 months with little to no improvement content wise.

Yes we got the Borg Incursions, but in all reality thats nothing more then a new twist on an already established game mechanic..DSEs.
Actually, I have gone six months without even turning on the TV, so for me - the analogy works. But I get where you are coming from.

Look, it just boils down to this - I feel I have gotten what I paid for. Would I have liked there to be more? Hells yeah. Is there more? No. Not yet. Does that mean Cryptic should cut me a check? I don't think so. I got everything I expected to get. Access to the game. Access to the items I bought in the C-store.

If you guys want to ask for the stipend early, hey - knock yourselves out. Just realize that not every subber feels like Cryptic owes you something above and beyond what you get now or what you have already paid for.

No one forced anyone to sub. You have full access to everything and your c-store purchases. There will eventually (maybe/hopefully) be more to do in the game. Either its worth paying $15 a month, or it isn't. Those who pay don't deserve a stipend early. Those who choose not to pay to resub until after F2P aren't hoping STO fails, they are just making a decision on the value of their entertainment dollar.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Frankly, people quitting due to being dis-satisfied is very bad...
No, it isn't. After expressing dissatisfaction and not seeing a change for the better, this is the ONLY thing a customer can do to effect change.

It is also the single most effective driving force for change in any company.

If enough people say "No more cash till we get more content" then guess what? Content becomes the priority.

But like you said, we've both made our points. Good luck. If you get me free early stipend, thanks. I'm not going to hold my breath thou.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-20-2011, 07:22 PM
I think it would make more sense to wait until F2P starts and then reward those who choose to stay P2P with 2x the usual stipend as a jump-start for the first month.

A little thank you + stay paying incentive rolled into one.
Since they'd be promotional points they wouldn't stick if you downgraded either.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-20-2011, 07:25 PM
I agree with the OP we haven't been receiving what we paid for the rationale excuses while they can be substantiated are still not the point. All of us have been getting shorted not just the lifers, not just the subbers, and not just the people having fun. Its funny that the Lifetime players are saying give the guys that can't afford 300 up front is a bit wrong. We all subscribe for the game its just that the only thing LTS pay for is the Cstore while the other joes pay for not only that but the every 3 month 15 bucks sub. I do think all players should get a stipend for us returning to beta testers and trying out all of the new stuff pre F2P launch and for the last several months.

Sure LTS should receive more than the Subscribers but that is obvious but there should still be a stipend for the regular guy.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Quote:
It not like I am singling out anyone. I said ALL SUBSCRIBERS should get it. Because ALL SUBSCRIBERS have been shorted on content for months.

We are ABSOLUTELY entitled. Entitled to a minimum amount of entertainment for the price we pay, and I am hardly the 1st person to decry that the amount has not been reached, for a long time now. And I refuse to accept that my only choices are "Living with it" or "Quit"

Frankly, people quitting due to being dis-satisfied is very bad and we should ALL want to keep that from happening. Yet a good number of cutsomers are likely to do so when a lot of big games launch over the next month or so. It is a TERRIBLE TIME for Cryptic to not be satisfying people.. and Cryptic doing a little something to make amends would go a long way to stop the bleeding.

Thus I am asking for compensation. FOR EVERYONE. In a reasonable way.

At this point, I get it that you don't agree and I thank you for your feedback. I also decline to retract my request. Thanks for responding!
1. Do not speak for me. I don't want a stipend and I haven't worried about the content.

2. I don't feel entitled to anything other than just playing the game. I am being entertained so I am getting my money's worth. You may refuse those choices but they are there.

3. I do not want any form of compensation. I am quite content right now.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Quote:
TL;DR
This is the only thing in that wall of text that made any sense.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Holodeck is not going away, we are not being asked to put down anything, nothing is being taken away, if you don't want to take part in the Tribble F2P beta that is perfectly fine. They would just like a few volunteers to test out the new F2P features before they launch. It's exactly the same as when they made the Tribble shard available for us to playtest new content last year.