Lt. Commander
# 1 MMORPG Interviews Dan Stahl
09-14-2011, 06:36 PM
MMORPG interviews Executive Producer Dan Stahl about the upcoming transition to free-to-play.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Ice
MMORPG interviews Executive Producer Dan Stahl about the upcoming transition to free-to-play.

Link to the news article.
Well... L21 is better than L18 I suppose... Still, no reason not to have the unlock AT 21 then. I still don't get why new players are punished by having to re-level 21-25. Why isn't unlock the same level as starting? Still makes no sense...
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre9
Well... L21 is better than L18 I suppose... Still, no reason not to have the unlock AT 21 then. I still don't get why new players are punished by having to re-level 21-25. Why isn't unlock the same level as starting? Still makes no sense...
I agree with that. If you have to level a Fed to 25 before unlocking a KDF then you should at least get a level 25 KDF character.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre9

I would like to know this too... Unlocking at 25 then starting at 21 seems like a punishment. I know that isn't intended, but for new players coming in for F2P specifically.. this is going to be interpreted that way.

I can understand starting the KDF at 21.. it allows for the inclusion of the new ships that have been worked on for you only know how long. But to have them start at 21, the unlock should match that, not the other way around IMO.

Jolan'tru
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-15-2011, 01:51 PM
STO did not get a very good rating from MMORPG. Rating of 6.4/10 Th bad part is that I have to mostly agree with the rating. I do hope that Cryptic can turn things around.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
STO did not get a very good rating from MMORPG. Rating of 6.4/10 Th bad part is that I have to mostly agree with the rating. I do hope that Cryptic can turn things around.
you must have thought the game is better than that since you are blue.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD-Youngblood
you must have thought the game is better than that since you are blue.
Or, like me, he believed Cryptic's statements about what the game was going to be like, only to have his hopes crushed by reality at launch.
I offer as evidence...

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios

Had I not obtained a LTS before launch, I would have dropped my sub a long time ago.
While it's made some improvments, it's a long way from what I hoped based on pre-release statements.
Going by the rate of improvements after almost 2 years, I'd say another couple years and it'll be pretty close.