Lt. Commander
# 1 Captain's Log: The Economy
10-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Brandon talks more about the economy in the week's edition of The Captain's Log, over at Massively.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Hmm Stormy, I know you are just doing what you are supposed to but not really a good time to have that released. All I can see happening with it is a stream of negativity while this Dilithium for Crafting thing is being worked out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
Hmm Stormy, I know you are just doing what you are supposed to but not really a good time to have that released. All I can see happening with it is a stream of negativity while this Dilithium for Crafting thing is being worked out.
I wrote this and sent it in before the crafting updates I will talk about those on the next Captain's Log entry
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Notes on the economy, it was shaping up really well, until you posted a dilithium requirement for crafting. PLease remove this or lessen its impact. Since players can't send dilithium to one another, fleet crafters are left holding the short end of the stick.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfelczer View Post
I wrote this and sent it in before the crafting updates I will talk about those on the next Captain's Log entry
Loved it, and I can't wait to see what you have to say on the crafting update since at current it seems to harm the economy to large degree with the introduction of an untradeable commodity that's required on all high mark equipment crafting.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Nothing bad, I liked the article. I think the feedback on the thread following it is going to be mainly negative, not about the article but about the crafting tax.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
I must admit, I'm honestly looking forward to seeing how you try to spin it as great
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-21-2011, 12:46 PM
The fanboys at Stoked will for sure manage to turn the crafting economy great, somehow.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_First_Avenger
I must admit, I'm honestly looking forward to seeing how you try to spin it as great
You've said that in a few of these posts now but I don't try and spin anything -- I give my opinion on a matter and that's just it, my opinion. If you read my Captain's Log before this one, you would have seen that I disagreed with some of the changes.

I am worried about the new crafting changes but our feedback can hopefully influence change -- I run an entire Fleet Store that crafts for everyone and these changes could bring an end to it. But, I also have to admit that nothing's final till it makes it to Holodeck. I am not a doomsayer so I will give the devs time to adjust to our feedback.

Edit: sorry, maybe you haven't sad it Avenger, but someone always seems to say the same thing in any post about my work and that's okay bc it's their opinion too
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-21-2011, 12:55 PM
...All IS NOT well in the Land of OZ-TREK ...

The Poppy Fields have over-run the land and the Yellow-Brick Road is almost Tarnished to the point of being beyond repair...

To say nothing of the fact that many of the Trek-kins are rebelling and looking to dig up the Dead Witch-of-the-West...

Perhaps it's time for the Crypt-Wizard to step out from behind the F2P Curtain that isn't hiding anything.