Lt. Commander
# 141
09-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
What is that, a religious debate? Storshade doesnt look like Jesus to me..
Everyone knows this is all about budda, Christianity was so 1900s.
Lt. Commander
# 142
09-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Shocking and scary news.

Dan, you were truely unique among Executive Producers. You took the time to post continuously to the playerbase keeping a line of communication open that is unheard of in MMOs. You were a avid proponent of positive changes to the game you were in charge of - I don't think many EP's even have a clue as to how their games actually work. You were a Star Trek fan and tried to make this game (despite Atari's cheapness) as Star Treky and fun as possible. And probably best of all - you were (are) a good guy and fellow gamer. It certainly showed in everything you did. (Just look at how far STO has progressed since launch!)

I know your final goodbye states that STO is going to be in good hands - but I fear we have lost one of the best things about STO - a great Executive Producer.

I wish you all the best in your next endevour - but you woun't need it - the folks that you will be working with next will be lucky to have you.

Peace and long life.
Lt. Commander
# 143
09-20-2011, 06:56 PM
It is sorry to see you go. It has really been nice having you work on the game with the team. So much has been added or put in place thanks to you and the people under you.

Now we just have to see how thing's go now.
Lt. Commander
# 144
09-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Balls.

/10 char
Lt. Commander
are you still gonna play or should i remove you from my friends list,
Lt. Commander
# 146
09-20-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't mind this as much as I thought I would. I think he's been wonderfully communicative (early on too much so but he found a groove) amid a rabid and impatient fan base. He's also been very open to a wide range of ideas (even if the tech is not there...or "janky" per CapnLogan) and I do agree he's put STO on a path moreso than his predecessor. So good for him.

The big thing his successor could provide that would go a long way: sorely needed transparency to quality problems. Two forum posts a month (Engineering Report and Ask Cryptic) just aren't enough.

I wish him well in his career, I know what it's like to want to move on after being in one place for a while But if he shows up at SWTOR, I think I'll fall over dying from laughter.
Lt. Commander
# 147
Sometimes changes come suddenly and unexpected.
I hope it really is for a reason beneficial to you, Dan.

But no matter why, here is HOW you really leave the ship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOpj0bqxcf4

Good buy... and good luck, "Ambassador".
Lt. Commander
# 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
Everyone knows this is all about budda, Christianity was so 1900s.
Mhm reborn as a dog with a pirate hat in a cup of coffee... working for Cryptic and having to deal with people like us..... as a buddist he must have done something REALLY bad in his last live to be reborn that way...
Lt. Commander
# 149
09-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Sign of a sinking ship? No, I don't think so.

A change for the better? Can't say, need time.

Alarming? Damn straight it's alarming.

Regardless of how this turns out, this here blue name means I'm sticking with it, thick or thin, 'til such time as somebody royally screws the game up.

Good luck, godspeed, and well wishes.

And for the man stepping up? Welcome to the shark tank. Enjoy your stay.
Lt. Commander
# 150
09-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrianne
But why?

If everything he said in this article was true, then why would he suddenly want to leave?
Executives do not leave on a moments notice. There's probably been something on Stahl's mind for a few months, and finally decided to pursue whatever it is tempted him.