Lt. Commander
# 221
09-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Now THAT was very schocking to read :/.

What came to my mind was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
But that's the wrong universe .. so i should say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gZvC3WWTBQ

We will miss you Dan. I'm very sad to see you leave ... but good luck and thanks for all your work.
Lt. Commander
# 222
09-20-2011, 08:53 PM
I hate to hear Dstahl is going. I think that STO enjoyed it's best months under his direction. I know that I will miss Dan, and likely most others here will as well. That said, I think that we should be patient, and not jump to conclusions about this departure. This kind of thing happens all the time in MMOs, and in the tech world, in specific. To Dan, thank you for all the hard work! I wish you luck in all future endeavors. Qapla!!
Lt. Commander
# 223
09-20-2011, 08:57 PM
good luck chief
Lt. Commander
# 224
09-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Sorry to see you go Dan. Good luck to ya.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryxx View Post
Daniel,

I've been a fan of STO since Perpetual's aborted attempt that began, what was it, 5 years ago now? Anyhow, since changing hands to Cryptic, then Cryptari and now Perfect World, this little e-galaxy has sure seen a lot of changes, am I right?

At launch, STO was mediocre to good, at best. Space combat was fun, and well, I'll err on the side of optimism and leave it at that.

Once you took the helm, things immediately began to improve! The list of positive, well-implemented (and well received) changes goes on and on, making STO today SO much better than the one you inherited.

I, too, am making a big career change just next week, so I get it, you do what you gotta do, I don't question that. More than anything, I just want to say thank you, DStahl. Thanks for putting your heart into this game; it was always much more than just another job to you, and that shows. I, along with countless others, appreciate your efforts, the passion and the care you've shown STO and us, its players.

May your warp core never breach, may your phaser banks stay fully charged, and when you cry out in anguish for Scotty to give you more power, may he supply it in abundance. I hope your undiscovered country is everything you dream of, and more.

Sincerely,

VA Eryxx Starsprint
U.S.S. Timberwolf
Excellent comment! I could have not said it better myself! Best wishes, Daniel Stahl!! Thanks for great improvements!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 226
09-20-2011, 09:04 PM
That's just an all around sad and bad move if you ask me. Right when STO needs someone like Dstahl to keep things going and stay open and keep us updated the pull him. It's just a bad sign about things and makes me consider that Perfect World is trying to reverse the transparency that Cryptic has had with its players in the past.
Lt. Commander
# 227
09-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Godspeed Dan!

2nd star to the right, straight on till morning!
Lt. Commander
# 228
09-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_Androvar
I agree, just look at my sig
I'm panicing! OMG Atleast we know there is a new android coming because someone had to give him that site to site transporter to get off this sinking ship. I feel the breach... theres no more atmosphere... we are all gonna die!!!

Oh wait I guess this means no Engineering Report... DAMNIT JIM
Lt. Commander
# 229
09-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Thank you DStahl... Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 230
09-20-2011, 09:12 PM
While I know that many of us will miss you Dan, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors !
The improvements to this game under your command were nothing short of amazing. You will be missed.
Godspeed