Lt. Commander
# 341 Goodbye
09-21-2011, 04:08 AM
Hello,
Im sad really sad to hear that you leave.
I not good at goodbyes so i keep it simple.

Mr. Stahl i wish you all luck in the wold for your future paths.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 342
09-21-2011, 04:09 AM
I certainly find it peculiar that your departure came so close the the F2P announcement, but paranoia must always give way to facts. I hope the new direction you are heading, brings you all you were hoping for. This quadrant will most certainly be feeling your absence.

Godspeed Mr Stahl

<<Permission to disembark granted>>
Lt. Commander
# 343
09-21-2011, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I am forced to conclude, based upon the real world evidence, that DStahl is leaving because of differences of opinion with the way this game is moving. Not F2P, but the way the KDF is being/has been treated, as well as the abuse of the C-Store for P2W ships.

I know he said in his farewell that it was no-ones fault but his, but so did Craig Zincovich, and we all know he was forced out.
so why do we know craig was forced out then? do you have some evidence craig was forced out, do you have this real world evidence now? craig said he was taking a break and would come back and he did.

what the so called abuse of the p2w ships got to do with it? the first one came out after pw was in charge. if they had an issue it would never have been released considering how long they have been working on f2p.
Lt. Commander
# 344
09-21-2011, 04:11 AM
Well, best of luck to you, Mr. Stahl.
Lt. Commander
# 345
09-21-2011, 04:14 AM
Bye, Dan. Its a shame you're leaving, you've led the game through a difficult and turbulent time, as well as providing an amazing direction for the game.
Not only that, but the game saw an astounding leap in quality after your arrival, I hope these things don't leave with your departure.
Best of luck.
Lt. Commander
# 346
09-21-2011, 04:16 AM
DStahl,

You have done an excellent job. You pushed for more openness from the Devs and for whatever reason then became more increasingly silent during the last days of Atari and then the transition time into Perfect World.

Need the proof ... http://twitter.com/#!/Cryptic_dStahl ... It's right there.

My guess, however, is that this nothing evil other than the necessary gag orders.

Cannot imagine how hard it must have been to be sitting on something as big as knowing we were going Free2Play for most of the year, knowing as much as you have ... valuing openness ... and then not being able to share it with a community that would have loved to have known.

The necessities of the job, for the betterment of our little corner of the Trek universe here.

You will indeed be missed, even more because it feels like it came out of the blue.

Do I see doom and gloom over the horizon? ... Nay, this is Star Trek and the players will continue to come ... as soon as we get that long awaited content.

DStahl, whatever your reasons and plans. I wish you well, and hope you will maintain a couple of characters within a game you helped leave your mark on.

Qapla'!!!
Lt. Commander
# 347
09-21-2011, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamersglory View Post
Is that a WWE joke LOL!!!
Knew somebody would get it
Lt. Commander
# 348
09-21-2011, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
so why do we know craig was forced out then? do you have some evidence craig was forced out, do you have this real world evidence now? craig said he was taking a break and would come back and he did.

what the so called abuse of the p2w ships got to do with it? the first one came out after pw was in charge. if they had an issue it would never have been released considering how long they have been working on f2p.

I have to agree with Captain_Revo on this one. I don't believe PW has any problems with the new ship classes, but see it as a marketing move that will support STO when it goes F2P.

Having listened to STOked episode 98 and the DStahl interview, what he laid out about them supports (for me) my stance.

I believe we as a game have been put on a positive path just as I believe that the person who takes over will continue that vision.

If anything, THIS is the perfect time for someone to transition in or out as it is ... well ... game changing.

DStahl set us on the path to get the internal mechanics for game play better ... and I can say I have more fun playing now that I did a year ago.

Next up is Free2Play, DStahl paved the way to it but someone else will take up the task of moving us forward even more.

A NOTE TO DSTAHL --- You are NOT our Captain. ... You have been the Admiral that has been Starfleet's Commander in Chief.
Lt. Commander
# 349
09-21-2011, 04:24 AM
Dan thank you for all your hard work, the masses will miss you as you can see from all the messages.
Best of luck where ever you may be going to now.
Lt. Commander
# 350
09-21-2011, 04:29 AM
Daniel,

It has been a real pleasure speaking to you over these months since you taking over the reigns of STO. Your passion for this game has been evident in every interview we have done. You have led the team in taking a good game and putting it on the precipice of being a great game, job well done.

It is my sincere wish that you find success in whatever endeavor you become involved in. I hope you stay in touch so we can have more chances to talk about what the future holds for you.

Edward "Computer Ed" Crisler