Lt. Commander
# 21
09-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabolica View Post
Shotgun Pellets don't automatically seek out cloaked birds in the sky.
Real life birds don't cloak. However, if, in this hypothetical situation, there were an invisible flying bird directly behind the bird I shot, or just barely to the side, there's a large chance of it being struck by pellets.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-27-2011, 12:05 PM
TS should not be able to target unseen (cloaked) ships. If the cloak ships are within the AoE of a TS explosion, they should take damage.

If TS is targeting cloaked ships, that should be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
TS should not be able to target unseen (cloaked) ships. If the cloak ships are within the AoE of a TS explosion, they should take damage.

As should the highly accurate blind fire that BFaw often does against cloaked ships within its range when it goes off.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Everything seems to be out of whack lately, not just TS. Public PVP is very one sided again, even with pugs. I have a saying, Winning is winning, whether its by an inch or by a mile. However, by 5 mph or 500 mph is the issue. When an experienced team can come into a public queue and the whole team is wiped out by a pug in under 20 seconds, somethings wrong, hence my MPH reference.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havesum
But the game doesn't let you blind fire. Give me some way to fire a Torp Spread (or cannon volley, or cut through an area with beams) in the area I think a cloaked BoP might be, and I may agree with you.
I agree that manual aiming would be nice--we have that for the "FPS" mode in ground combat now, and it would be handy if we could manually aim in space too.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post

You can't target them with it, but if they're in the AoE of an attack on a visible ship, they get hit by it. Not broken, don't fix it, imo. ChibiClari thinks they shouldn't be struck if they are within the AoE.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Perhaps a new captain (or boff) ability could be added? Example:
Quote:
Phaser Scan.

All beams fire in a randomized pattern to check around the ship for cloaked enemies.
at range 0->5km: 12 to 48 % chance to expose target based on beam count (1->4, 180' arc max)
at range 5->10km: 5 to 20 % chance to expose target based on beam count (1->4, 180' arc max)

-50 weapon power, -50% dpv, used weapons disabled for 10 seconds, 3min cooldown, 30sec global cooldown with beam abilities.
Canon source idea: DS9 Phaser rifle sweeping to detect Changelings. (Founders)

For example, on a retrofit galaxy, armed with 2beams 1dbb front, 3beams aft:
front 180' arc: 24% near, 10% far.
front 90' arc: 36% near, 15% far.
aft 180' arc: 36% near, 15% far.

ANYWAY, as for the OP/topic.

Yes, I agree the new Torp Spread is insult to the injury that Scatter Volley was.
Cryptic should fix it's OP potential asap.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Instead of talking about targeting cloaked ships , you should be talking about making TS a true AOE power.

The TS should have a cube that x*x*x in size and everything thats in that cube should be hit , and everything thats in the direct path of the torpedo to that box , no mater if its cloaked or not . Thats how a true AOE should work .

The same should be true for Canon Sopread fire ,and beam fire at will , everithing that gets in the path of the beam or the projectiles should be hit , not targeted , but hit .

Now back to our universe , in order to lower the lag , the devs decided that its easier to remove the calculations from the server and das u have whats happening now , easier to target ships in a cone of fire than to calculate trajectories and intersections of those trajectories . less load on the server .

I really hope someday we will get real AOE in this game .