Lt. Commander
# 1 Cannon Rapid Fire broken?
09-20-2011, 09:31 PM
OK, so I was flying my defiant refit for the first time yesterday with 3 x DHC phasers up front. Hit CRFII and..nothing, the DHC's just seemed to fire slower than normal. So I thought maybe I'd done something wrong, flew past my target, came around for another attack run, hit CRF I and it worked normally. The following time I went to use CRF I, I had the same problem. Has anyone else noticed this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but the visual effect and the damage logs are two different things. Try it again, compare the two, and see whether or not it wasn't just a graphical rendering glitch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshAvenger
OK, so I was flying my defiant refit for the first time yesterday with 3 x DHC phasers up front. Hit CRFII and..nothing, the DHC's just seemed to fire slower than normal. So I thought maybe I'd done something wrong, flew past my target, came around for another attack run, hit CRF I and it worked normally. The following time I went to use CRF I, I had the same problem. Has anyone else noticed this?
are you sure it activated? because sometimes it doesnt activate (any skill) until you mash the key (press key like 50 thousand times)
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Keep in mind that CRF dies not make the cannon fire faster between its bursts it just fires MORE bolts per volley. So it will not seem to fire faster it just fires more little shots per shot. Scatter Volley has a much different and more intense visual effect.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-21-2011, 06:19 AM
The canon fire animation was changed, most believe to make room for the upcoming Quad-Canon animation. So when you are firing with CRF now it looks slower then it did a month ago but it still does the CRF damage value.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoros View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way, but the visual effect and the damage logs are two different things. Try it again, compare the two, and see whether or not it wasn't just a graphical rendering glitch.
No offence taken I was in a rush to leave the house for work so didn't really explain it properly. I should have said the graphical effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakuzma View Post
are you sure it activated? because sometimes it doesnt activate (any skill) until you mash the key (press key like 50 thousand times)
LOL, I've had that happen dozens of times and usually I don't notice because I'm too busy spamming the redirect shield button, but this time, I'm sure it was activated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The canon fire animation was changed, most believe to make room for the upcoming Quad-Canon animation. So when you are firing with CRF now it looks slower then it did a month ago but it still does the CRF damage value.
The Cosmic_One is indeed wise. Thx everyone for the replies.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-21-2011, 09:07 AM
And FYI, they made the same change to disruptors as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Oddly enough cannon rapid fire IS broken because it messes with your power levels. I notice the weapon power on my 8 turret ship drops lower with rapid fire than without even with an EPS regulator. Very annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshAvenger
LOL, I've had that happen dozens of times and usually I don't notice because I'm too busy spamming the redirect shield button, but this time, I'm sure it was activated
If you tie your redistribute shields into the space bar you'll be firing and balancing at the same time. Makes a world of difference.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korhil
Oddly enough cannon rapid fire IS broken because it messes with your power levels. I notice the weapon power on my 8 turret ship drops lower with rapid fire than without even with an EPS regulator. Very annoying.
I will be testing this when I get home......