Lt. Commander
# 11
09-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
I would put the Klingons and the Feds back to a "Cold War" footing. There is too much out there that is a danger to both. Countless examples of Klingons, heck even ROM's, have shone that individual captains see the need to work together past the whole "we are factions we must Fight!!" mentality.

PW has used faction-less games before and it's lame to think that it needs to be US VS THEM, to PvP.

Otherwise we have to build a "explore" function while still claiming a need for a Territory Control system. I'd give the PvP players some maps, some mechanics, several things to buy in the C-store (so when we go FTP they aren't getting anymore of a free ride, than a PVE player who doesn't want to play dress up).

Then let them effect the game as little as their numbers are compared to the whole. (Please note, this statement comes with the acceptance that if they are in anyway a major part of revenue or player base, compared to the casual non-PVP player base, they get the attention they deserve).

I Would expand the adventures and build upon them. The Iconians showed up, then the preservers. This is a war that the Sargons and the Ageis (Gary 7), would have to enter, not to mention the Organians and others. A threat like this would effect many races like the above, that at current max rank and higher, are the only things that make sense for us to deal with.

Please note, this is based on the game as it is, not on canon, this game opened it's own can of worms.
Basically, the war resets the cultures in the game. Starfleet grows xenophobic with a touch of nationalism as Section 31 and anti-Undine groups develop. Perhaps missions where an Undine defector is assigned to your crew and, as Captain, you need to learn to trust them and aide your crew in overcoming their xenophobia?

It sounds like a decent idea that would a) have ship-=based missions and b) touch on still-current issues of today through the lens of science-fiction.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-22-2011, 04:47 AM
uhmmm I'd end the war with the Klingons and get them and the feds talking again.

Romulans:

Have the Romulan Commander from the TNG episode "Face of the Enemy" http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Toreth ... take control of the Romulan Star Empire...

The romulan dude picard came across several times... Commander Toma somthing...

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Tomalak << that dude... as the New head of the Military...

This romulan... could be the new head of the romulan Tal'shiar

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/T%27Rul <<< seska :O

Story: Uhmmm i'd focus on the War with the Klingons and the discovery of the Iconions gateways.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-22-2011, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
If you were writing for sto what direction would you take the story?

Personally, I would write a story where the Icoians created a temproal phase shield around the aera of space where Romulus used to be, and phase it back into this timeline. Then the universe would have to deal with a unified Icoian/Romulan threat. (And I would finally be able to beam down to Romulas!)

Post your ideas below and have fun. (No flaming)
I would introduce a completely new nemesis that hasn't even made an appearance in canon and create a really intense storyline around them, one that would force players to work together if they wish to advance. (A bit like STF's, but not as difficult as STF's.)

Next to that I would also focus this storyline on exploration and keep it closer to the ideals of Gene than all the combat missions we currently have. Having more exploration added would be a really nice thing. I realise that it probably sounds contradicting to add exploration and also a new nemesis at the same time, but let's face it, only exploring can get dull at some point too, however, if you explore the environment of a new nemesis and learn only new bits and pieces of information about how to beat an enemy that seems unbeatable then it can add some real excitement.

That's another thing about my storyline btw, for once the Feds and Klingons would endure heavy losses and not be on the winning side of the conflict. Our captain's would be a small force among a huge enemy that doesn't want you there. You can compare it a bit with the Undine continuum missions, except that this would occur in normal space and with an enemy that wants to keep you out altogether, rather than destroy you from within.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka
I would introduce a completely new nemesis that hasn't even made an appearance in canon and create a really intense storyline around them, one that would force players to work together if they wish to advance. (A bit like STF's, but not as difficult as STF's.)

Next to that I would also focus this storyline on exploration and keep it closer to the ideals of Gene than all the combat missions we currently have. Having more exploration added would be a really nice thing. I realise that it probably sounds contradicting to add exploration and also a new nemesis at the same time, but let's face it, only exploring can get dull at some point too, however, if you explore the environment of a new nemesis and learn only new bits and pieces of information about how to beat an enemy that seems unbeatable then it can add some real excitement.

That's another thing about my storyline btw, for once the Feds and Klingons would endure heavy losses and not be on the winning side of the conflict. Our captain's would be a small force among a huge enemy that doesn't want you there. You can compare it a bit with the Undine continuum missions, except that this would occur in normal space and with an enemy that wants to keep you out altogether, rather than destroy you from within.
Daleks ? :O
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-22-2011, 06:24 AM
Who? O.O

Never heard of those either lol.

I was actually thinking of a race we created in my fleet during our first forum RP. The closest description I can get is telepathic ants at a humanoid size. They're extremely hard to kill on the ground, unless you have a special kind of weapon and in space their technology is up to par with the Borg. In fact, due to their physiology the Borg are gonna have an extremely hard cookie to crack when it comes to assimilating them. Assimilating their ships probably won't be too hard (assuming they can overcome this race's defenses), but the actual species have acidic blood, like the aliens from Aliens do. They also possess superior melee strength and hunt in packs. They don't use any technology on the ground though, but then again, where they come from they didn't need so either. :p

All in all it's a very versatile species that I wouldn't like to come across in a dark alley.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-22-2011, 09:05 AM
I'd include a story focusing on a group of Humans from an alternate timeline.

Some of you are probably screaming "We already have that with the Mirror Universe!!!!!" Well, this is slightly different.

The alternate timeline I'm thinking of is as follows: First Contact with the Vulcans did not happen, Lily was the pilot of the first Warp flight while Zefram Cochrane stayed in the control room monitoring everything, and Earth tore itself apart in 2088, forcing humanity to start over from scratch on Mars.

The first extraterrestrial contact Humanity had was with the Klingon Empire, and their interactions were a lot more hostile.

Basically, this alternate timeline is much Darker and Edgier than the Prime Timeline, and serves as the perfect breeding ground for the Shadow-Mirrors, a group that seek a galaxy of never-ending war. Of course, they would be defeated in their home timeline, and forced to use a prototype Dimensional Drive to jump over to the Prime Timeline, where they would start again. I would also include evidence linking them to the rise of Shinzon back in Nemesis, as well as hinting that they had a hand in the current Fed/Klingon War.

Another plotline I'd do would introduce an Expy of the Zerg from Starcraft. Always thought that they were interesting bad guys.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-22-2011, 05:24 PM
First, I'd make it so that the Klingons really are the antagonist (at least if you're on Fed side), and have most of the missions dealing with the war (not all being combat based, mind you). The Romulans, the True Way/Terran Federation, Borg crap would be scaled down considerably; less than half of all the missions between all of them. They would have a part, but the feeling wouldn't be this "war on five fronts" like we have now. More like a few skirmishes here and there to keep things interesting. The latter part of the game (Admiral ranks) would have less fighting between the Klingons and Federation due to a combined focus on fighting the Undine, and eventually, the Iconians.

Yes, I'm one of those that's irritated that you hardly ever see a Klingon in battle after you move on to the Romulan front, despite the fact that we are supposedly at war.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-23-2011, 05:04 PM
I would if I were writing for STO explore the War with the Klingon Empire and the Undine infiltration that is present on both sides. It would be a present theme of all hell breaking loose on both sides when the infiltrators are discovered.

Have more story missions based on the War storyline to make it more plausible and not just some shoehorned thing.

1. YOu are sent by Franklin Drake to investigate the Federation leadership (i.e. Admiralty and the Federation politicians) You discover that Admiral Quinn and the President are not who they say they are and they do not seem to be Undine. The next mission entails that discovery to be Iconians not only manipulating the Undine but also corrupting them mentally to fit their ends of weakening the Alpha Quadrant. The third and Fourth missions would be trying to location and stop these beings from escalating the War with the Klingons and causing more aggression between the Romulan Empire. The Final mission would be a failure to stop the escalation but stop them from more chaos as you finally save Empress Sela and return her to her people. Still with the renewal of the War you face an uncertain future with the beginnings of a conflict with not only the Klingons but the first wave of Iconians.