Lt. Commander
# 1 Create a Comic Contest
04-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Hey, folks! If you’re the creative sort and have been desperately hoping for a chance to win a beta key, look no further; it’s time for the Star Trek Online comic creation contest! Here’s how it works: Create an original (drawn by you), three-panel comic based in the Star Trek universe. You’ve got quite a few options – maybe you want to recreate your all-time favorite Star Trek scene, maybe you want to see Worf hang out with Kirk, or maybe you want to draw yourself into your favorite series. It’s all up to you.

Submit your comic to contest@crypticstudios.com. We’ll accept entries in either JPG or PNG formats.*The deadline for submissions is May 4, 2009. After that, we’ll put together the 20 best wallpapers and on May 11 we’ll ask the community to vote on their favorite. If your comic strip is selected, we’ll feature it on the official Star Trek Online website and make sure you get access to our beta test when it launches.

We can’t wait to see the community flex its artistic muscle!

http://media3.startrekonline.com.s3....test-Comic.jpg

(Please note: The above panel is not a template.)

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Oh,this is exciting.
I'm going to participate in this contest;and even if I lose,I can't wait to see the winners.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-22-2009, 06:25 PM
I...... Cant.... draw! WAH! d=

Good luck everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-22-2009, 06:35 PM
I have a question about the contest.
To what extend are we allowed to use the computer to augment our comics?
Are we allowed to create it entirely on the computer,or color it with Photoshop(or a similar program?)
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-22-2009, 06:42 PM
I cannot seem to find rules for this contest... a few questions:

#1. What is the jpeg format requirements, are we making a large 1600 x 1200 wall paper full size comic page, or is it something smaller like we might find in the comics section of the newspaper.

#2. Must it be hand drawn? Can we use 3D software to render images?

#4. Must it be black and white, or can we color the images?

#5. When is it due by?

Let us start with those?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Hey, folks! If you’re the creative sort and have been desperately hoping for a chance to win a beta key, look no further; it’s time for the Star Trek Online comic creation contest! Here’s how it works: Create an original (drawn by you), three-panel comic based in the Star Trek universe. You’ve got quite a few options – maybe you want to recreate your all-time favorite Star Trek scene, maybe you want to see Worf hang out with Kirk, or maybe you want to draw yourself into your favorite series. It’s all up to you. We’ll accept entries in either JPG or PNG formats.*The deadline for submissions is May 4, 2009. After that, we’ll put together the 20 best wallpapers and on May 11 we’ll ask the community to vote on their favorite. If your comic strip is selected, we’ll feature it on the official Star Trek Online website and make sure you get access to our beta test when it launches. We can’t wait to see the community flex its artistic muscle!   http://media3.startrekonline.com.s3....test-Comic.jpg (Please note: The above panel is not a template.)

Link to the news article.
hand drawn i assume?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-22-2009, 07:32 PM
The page on the site isn't working.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumoben View Post
I...... Cant.... draw! WAH! d=

Good luck everyone.
Don't feel bad, I can't draw either. That is why I use 3D programs. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Wasps View Post
I have a question about the contest.
To what extend are we allowed to use the computer to augment our comics?
Are we allowed to create it entirely on the computer,or color it with Photoshop(or a similar program?)
The comic can be entirely computer generated. "Drawn" in that sense means "created entirely by you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo999 View Post
hand drawn i assume?
Feel free to use Photoshop, Illustrator, or any other computer augmentation program, as long as the art is yours.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-22-2009, 07:55 PM
You don't have to have any real art skill... some of the best comics I've seen, were stick figures .... now go make something interesting ...