Lt. Commander
Let me first say that I've really enjoyed the missions. I thought it was a really cool story line.
That said. I have to make a comment on the last mission. I've made it to the point where I have to destroy the comet. At this point the mission became impossible. You have 6 or 7 Klingon D-7 battle cruisers all pounding on you while you try to destroy 13 pieces of a comet. I think with everything my ship can muster I can fight about 2 D-7's at a time and win. Any more and I'm toast.

Any reason why the Devs decided to make the last mission so difficult?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-22-2011, 04:47 PM
you aren't actually supposed to fight them. The solution for me was get them all lined up behind me pull away from them then slow down drag them 40 km away from the asteroids then punch full impuls go up and over them and kill the comet. If they get back to you before you can wipe it out you rinse and repeat.

I had a different problem on that mission when i did it with friends we half the bar patrons became unkillable so had to finish the mission with them shooting me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Another solution is to take your time.

THe appearance of each set of D7s is linked to the destruction of certain segments of the asteroid

Thus destroy 1 section, engage the Klingons, destroy another section, engage the klingons, etc...

Somewhat Time Consuming, but it is kinda amusing to look behind your ship and see all those green clouds...
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-22-2011, 06:38 PM
I generally use the "take your time" method.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-22-2011, 09:44 PM
I usually team up and run it with another player, one takes the comet, the other takes the Klinks. Never hurts to have backup
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-23-2011, 06:31 AM
when they became too much I let them finish me, at respawn point waited until they were like 10 km from me, respawned and went on my merry way finishing the last fragments. Had to do this because I had one ship that I was about to blow up and would have altered the timeline. So I have to let them kill me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-28-2011, 07:15 PM
I dont engage the Klingons just hit and run the astroids ,with shields at max power and Boff skills to buff defence ,repair, and speed boosts. I do have a problem with the gravitational slingshot though......'Helm, just set the auto pilot '......:p
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-28-2011, 07:35 PM
i fly a cruiser and kill everything.....Mawahaha!
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalktonin View Post
you aren't actually supposed to fight them. The solution for me was get them all lined up behind me pull away from them then slow down drag them 40 km away from the asteroids then punch full impuls go up and over them and kill the comet. If they get back to you before you can wipe it out you rinse and repeat.

I had a different problem on that mission when i did it with friends we half the bar patrons became unkillable so had to finish the mission with them shooting me.
Oh my god thank you! Everytime I lose track of B'Vat and the ******* rams me. ONCE I was able to complete this mission without him dying.

This is a great suggestion!
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-29-2011, 01:31 PM
I've never failed that mission yet, I always manage to destroy the comet in full and get destroyed maybe three or four times before the comet is destroyed and without firing on any of the Klingon ships.

I just ignore them as best as possible and focus on the comet, I take the lumps and keep pushing towards destroying the comet.