Lt. Commander
I was tring to make a Federation mission where I had some traitors to the Federation that had to be eliminated. But when I tried to mark the enemies in the story line, It won't let you pick Fed ships as enemies if your a Fed. I know it is possible to kill Feds if you are one, I have done it in the story line.

Now, I am well aware of the fact that I can use Mirror Universe Feds and rename them and it would almost be the same. But in fact, it isn't. Killing Mirror universe Feds, and Real Feds are 2 different things, ask the accolades lol.

So how about it Cryptic? Can you change the code in the Foundry so you can make Feds enemies if your a Fed? I would like people to get Fed kills in my traitor mission especially since it is so hard to get them the story line way. I haven't tried the Klingons but I am sure they probably have the same problem. Thank you, and I do hope a Dev gets to read this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Yep, same with Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-23-2011, 01:13 AM
It's been wanted and asked for for some time.

As most of the devtime in the foundry is devoted to neverwinter, STO only gets sporadic updates to features in the 'code merge' and so basically STO gets Neverwinter's leftovers and handmedowns in terms of foundry features.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Prescott
I was tring to make a Federation mission where I had some traitors to the Federation that had to be eliminated. But when I tried to mark the enemies in the story line, It won't let you pick Fed ships as enemies if your a Fed. I know it is possible to kill Feds if you are one, I have done it in the story line.

Now, I am well aware of the fact that I can use Mirror Universe Feds and rename them and it would almost be the same. But in fact, it isn't. Killing Mirror universe Feds, and Real Feds are 2 different things, ask the accolades lol.

So how about it Cryptic? Can you change the code in the Foundry so you can make Feds enemies if your a Fed? I would like people to get Fed kills in my traitor mission especially since it is so hard to get them the story line way. I haven't tried the Klingons but I am sure they probably have the same problem. Thank you, and I do hope a Dev gets to read this.
for fed traitor stories, the mirror faction for the feds is a real benifit,

what you do is place a mirror universe groups on the map, then select the indeviuel ships in the group, at bottom of the map screen, select the costume button, and in the dropdown, pick the apropriate ship class from a federation ship, on the map, it will show up as that ship type (i e federation lighting rather than mirror on the ship skins)

Klingon faction blue on blue combat presents anouther issue, in that you dont have an enemy faction, that uses klingon faction buffs, or weponry, so the ships will act as federation, or whatever faction your useing, IE it will shoot phasers, rather than disrupters, but will look klingon.

this technique holds true for ground groups as well.

only isseue left, is that there is no indication as to what a particular actor is in a group, so you will have to analise a placed object, in preview, (set yourself to untargatable, and you will be ignored) to see what the indevidual actors are in a particular group.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-23-2011, 10:46 AM
It's a bit clunky of an idea and may have some wild results, but you theoretically could just change the costumes of the individual Actors in an NPC squad.

It may be the only other choice than Mirror Feds. I'd go with Mirror Feds and play them as traitors.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-23-2011, 07:19 PM
I have an Idea, Create it as a Klingon mission but before you publish make it available to both. This may work.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-25-2011, 11:43 PM
the NPC groups should have a manual setting of Friend/Foe/Neutral

one of my missions has klingons allying with the federation. I have to skin federation actors/ships with klingon costumes. Not as pretty.