Lt. Commander
# 11
09-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Nothing wrong with using SS I or II. You give up big heals for it.
Ok If our STO "Guru" is saying here that there's "nothing wrong with using SS 1 or 2", I'll prepare one of my BOFF's and at the nearest occasion I'll scramble QEW permanently. Oh man i just can't wait.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-23-2011, 10:10 AM
If you can't beat 'em... join 'em. Obviously scramble is something we're going to have to live with... so you might as well run it. I'm just glad we cruiser captains got the Antimatter console, as we have very limited Sci slots on cruisers.

Short of that, spam the crap out of mines and scorpion fighters... you might not get hit by SS.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekfan View Post
Ok If our STO "Guru" is saying here that there's "nothing wrong with using SS 1 or 2", I'll prepare one of my BOFF's and at the nearest occasion I'll scramble QEW permanently. Oh man i just can't wait.
And we'll clear it two seconds later because we're not stupid and we bring science teams. Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-23-2011, 10:40 AM
I will NEVER put ss on any of my main space toons but because of all the hype around it i decided to give my sci ground speced toon an ss boost with the remaining specs. I have ss2 and ss1 on that mvam now. Prepare to be scrambled for 26 and 18 seconds respectively. I figured I would see what all the fun was about. Also shooting plasma and chroniton torps with a pair of torp spread 2 A pair of target engines as well using plasma weapons. Be prepared for a major slowdown. Hopefully I am in a match where my teamates can kill cause this guy can't on his own.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
And we'll clear it two seconds later because we're not stupid and we bring science teams. Good luck.
People hate SS because most of us can't clear it. ST in most cases don't clear the effect of SS, even when you'll drop mark on your target and you'll dispatch the camera to the area free from any other target. So tell me genius how to do it to be 100% effective hmm?
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-23-2011, 10:53 AM
It's called teamwork. You talk as if youre the first person to have thought about this lol.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-23-2011, 11:07 AM
"lol" is your answer? Frankly I will say I expected nothing better. So if in most cases you can't clear effect of SS 2 isn't it the best example that this power is broken and no one should use it?
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-23-2011, 11:08 AM
I've found F1 + Sci Team to be effective in clearing scramble the vast majority of the time. Always have my Sci Team ready for that very reason.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekfan View Post
"lol" is your answer? Frankly I will say I expected nothing better. So if in most cases you can't clear effect of SS 2 isn't it the best example that this power is broken and no one should use it?

No, if you cant clear SS it is your own fault. Have teammates with sci teams or turn your camera, stop shooting/targeting and clear it yourself. There is nothing random about clearing it. People just dont understand how it works.

Youre welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-23-2011, 11:17 AM
...but BeagZy i'm doing exactly what you said all the time and in half of cases it isn't working for me. Eh I thought that maybe you'll give better advice / trick cause i rly want to learn something new...oh well