Lt. Commander
# 1 Gaming Keyboards.
09-23-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm looking to buy one of these, however there are a few specific things I cannot find information for.

Macros: Can they support time delays? Is this standard? What keyboards do you know of that feature this?
Win Key: Any boards that have a function to disable?
Simultaneous keys: The Razer BlackWidow supports any 6 keys pressed, but supposedly the Microsoft Sidewinder can support any 26 at once. What gives?
Mechanical Keys: Are they worth making a decision over? Or are they just nice to have?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Logitech g15 or g19 I recommend. They should fit what your looking for
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Also check out the makers of the R.A.T. mouse. They have some good ones
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-26-2011, 01:14 PM
I use a G15 and you can create a pause in your macros. I used to have one to buff, decloak, finish buffing and opening fire.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-26-2011, 01:38 PM
All keyboards have Macros to one degree or another, e.g. play/pause, volume up/down etc.

Personally, I have had no issues with any keyboard, and I use a genericly styled under 10 Microsoft-badged one. I don't see why I should have a gaming keyboard personally. :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
All keyboards have Macros to one degree or another, e.g. play/pause, volume up/down etc.

Personally, I have had no issues with any keyboard, and I use a genericly styled under 10 Microsoft-badged one. I don't see why I should have a gaming keyboard personally. :p
To say that you have one...:p
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Orig_Jean_Luc_Picard
To say that you have one...:p
I feel much more accomplished if I win a game with the fewest number of crutches. The only luxury I have is a padded mousepad because my thumb was going numb without it. It's so pleasantly soft and squishy....
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-27-2011, 07:34 AM
G15 Keyboard

It supports time-delays (or you can record without them, and you can also customize their delays), it has a switch to turn the Windows key off, and the keys give some very nice feedback into my fingers. They've got a good "heft" to them as I press, making for a very satisfying dull "click".
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Note that STO doesn't recognize macros that issue commands faster than a human could. The macros have to have delays in them to work. That's by design, so says StormShade (personally, I think that design feature is one of the reasons we have to click powers/abilities multiple times to get them to activate, but meh). Because of that, you can do just about anything with keybinds that you can with a gaming keyboard. Keybinds aren't as easy, though. YMMV.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
Because of that, you can do just about anything with keybinds that you can with a gaming keyboard. Keybinds aren't as easy, though. YMMV.
The only major thing would be a repeat function, such as say "Rebalance shields every 5 seconds" Not that it's really necessary.