Lt. Commander
# 1 Client stuck at Loading screen
09-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Hey all and thanks for reading this tread,

Im having an issue with the game client, when i launch it the cryptic screen appears with the loading,,everythings good and well, the bar progresses and eventually fills up and puts me trough to the loading screen after that. Now the screen im talking about is the screen with the star trek logo in the middle with the text "loading" beneath it...And thats about it, nothing happens it wont load, i cant get into my character screen, NOTHING. I checked the progresses on my computer and the client kept going up and down of memory usage, so it wasnt stuck or crashed. So I waited for about 15 minutes, and still nothing loaded up....

I disabled xfire fully since i saw a couple of posts regarding issues with xfire, but to no avail,,any other ideas i should try?

Regards,
Winged
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pAUL91
Hey all and thanks for reading this tread,

Im having an issue with the game client, when i launch it the cryptic screen appears with the loading,,everythings good and well, the bar progresses and eventually fills up and puts me trough to the loading screen after that. Now the screen im talking about is the screen with the star trek logo in the middle with the text "loading" beneath it...And thats about it, nothing happens it wont load, i cant get into my character screen, NOTHING. I checked the progresses on my computer and the client kept going up and down of memory usage, so it wasnt stuck or crashed. So I waited for about 15 minutes, and still nothing loaded up....

I disabled xfire fully since i saw a couple of posts regarding issues with xfire, but to no avail,,any other ideas i should try?

Regards,
Winged
Do you happen to have a version of TeamViewer installed on your PC? That's anopther peice of software that causes the STO client to go haywire.

Also, if youy could post a DXDiag of your PC driver and hardware config; it would assist in the troubleshooting process if you're not using TeamViewer on the PC.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the reply,

No i dont have teamviewer installed, not sure what kind of software it is anyway