Lt. Commander
# 1 An intoduction
09-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been lurking on the boards and playing STO since January, but have finally decided to 'uncloak'.

I cut my teeth on paper-based SFB and FASA's game in the early 90s, so STO has actually been the first MMORPG of any kind I've played. I am also a bit of an oddity in that I am primarily a KDF player - my two main characters (Klingon engineer and Gorn Scientist) contrast with my sole Fed, who has stayed at Lt 6 - but then the 22nd century look is my Fed favourite anyway!

There is some logic to this - my gameplay is mainly in small 30-60 minute bites so the explore / raid / PVP 'grind' of the KDF actually suits me quite well.

Thanks for all the great advice on these boards.. now I need to figure out how to make a Varanus work...

Qapla'!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-23-2011, 11:32 PM
Welcome to the game I hope you have fun.

I play Federation, and I'm in a similar boat like you when it comes to available time. I spend most of my gametime doing fleetbattles and quests

Edit:
I forgot to mention that my Joined-Trill is very much into the latest fashion. So the ingame Tailor has a big spending client in me