Lt. Commander
Since the start of Season 4 i play the most of the time in the "Fire Mode". Its really great, but i change a many of the key binds in my options. But the problem is the changes are not for all my Chars, so i find it would be great when the key binds options are global for all my characters like the Video and the Audio Options.

Edit: I will find it great when the player have a global options menu, that everyone have to chance to configure the game one time (controller, keybinds.....) and then he must do it never again.

Greetings

Jack
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-24-2011, 09:42 AM
YES! I am all for this
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-24-2011, 03:47 PM
This can already be accomplished via a few commands

First, create a key bind file from the account that you have made your modifications:
\bind_save_file space.txt and/or ground.txt

Then go to the new account and run another command to import that file

\bind_load_file space.txt

Make sure you are in the appropriate location, i.e. space or ground

Also, once you have the files, you can easily modify them. To learn how, go to this thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=192243

To make future modifications easier, I made a keybind that loads the keybind file:

Alt+b "bind_load_file space.txt$$Playersay Updated"

Edit: Yes, I understand that this is not exactly what you wanted, but you can never make everyone happy. Make it flexible but not univerasal, people complain that it is too hard. Make it global and people complain that they can't customize it for thier individual toons. If your first keybind is the load keybind one, then your have dramatically made your life easier.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDS
This can already be accomplished via a few commands

First, create a key bind file from the account that you have made your modifications:
\bind_save_file space.txt and/or ground.txt

Then go to the new account and run another command to import that file

\bind_load_file space.txt

Make sure you are in the appropriate location, i.e. space or ground

Also, once you have the files, you can easily modify them. To learn how, go to this thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=192243

To make future modifications easier, I made a keybind that loads the keybind file:

Alt+b "bind_load_file space.txt$$Playersay Updated"

Edit: Yes, I understand that this is not exactly what you wanted, but you can never make everyone happy. Make it flexible but not univerasal, people complain that it is too hard. Make it global and people complain that they can't customize it for thier individual toons. If your first keybind is the load keybind one, then your have dramatically made your life easier.
another way is to go into HUD tab and click on Save UI then click Load UI for each toon (the ui_settings.txt file saves all the settings, the other files are for backup and editing/finetuning the controls for me mainly)
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-25-2011, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
another way is to go into HUD tab and click on Save UI then click Load UI for each toon (the ui_settings.txt file saves all the settings, the other files are for backup and editing/finetuning the controls for me mainly)
Thank you for you Tip, this is for me gold. Maybe Cryptic it will be possible when the Save UI and Load UI buttons can have a better position in the options or can work in exemple in the "Key Binds" because then can the player can push direct the button and must not go first in the "HUD" register. Then for me and someone else is it not clear to associate "Key Binds" configure, then go to hud and save.

@ BDS

I am sure youre system works too, and you have right this is not what i search. The truth is for me and the most of the player it is a little bit difficult but thank you for the Tip.

Greetings

Jack
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Wow... that is gold! Got to learn something everyday.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-09-2011, 01:04 AM
So I know we can save and load UI settings but we can also save key binds from character to character so we don't have to program them each time we make a new one? Sorry it's a little late here and I'm ZzzzZz.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liden
So I know we can save and load UI settings but we can also save key binds from character to character so we don't have to program them each time we make a new one? Sorry it's a little late here and I'm ZzzzZz.
saving the UI also save the binds, you can also use /bind_save_file filename.txt and /bind_load_file filename.txt when in space and grounds rpg/shooter modes to save backupd of just the bindings.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-10-2011, 03:10 PM
I wonder if the keybind files can be used to set options from holodeck to tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-10-2011, 10:09 PM
I have used my Holo keybinds on Tribble with no problem. However, I have not checked to see if there have been any added/removed commands.... yet.