Lt. Commander
  • Revamped Boarding party so it uses real tooltips. Lots of good informative now, so no more mystery.
  • Significantly boosted the chance for Boarding Party to disable a Subsystem or a Add recharge Time to a Boff system to 50%, 66%, and 83% (based on Rank)
  • Completely revamped Tricobalt Device and plasma high Yield Tooltips with accurate information.
  • Tricobalt Device now uses Boff High Yield and Spread abilities. Spread targets 2, 3 or 4 targets (based on rank). Tricoblat High Yield generates a subspace rift. Any target that enters the rift will get disabled. The rift lasts 10, 13 or 16 secs (based on rank). Reduced Basic tricobalt damage to 80%, and the high yields now do more damage. Icons and New fx are incomplete.
  • Improved tractor beam so it increases in max duration over rank.
  • Greatly improved Brace for Impact kinetic resistance.
  • Set all items on Player purchased ships to 0 resell value.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-24-2011, 06:57 PM
so nice. when will it hit?
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Uhm, I'm not sure the Tricobalt Device changes will be happily welcomed by the PVP folks...
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
I liked the rest, I just don't understand the reasoning for the last one. Why was this even considered and why was time spent on taking away something that gives the player minimal EC at best when he sells the equipment?
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
  • Revamped Boarding party so it uses real tooltips. Lots of good informative now, so no more mystery.
  • Significantly boosted the chance for Boarding Party to disable a Subsystem or a Add recharge Time to a Boff system to 50%, 66%, and 83% (based on Rank)
  • Completely revamped Tricobalt Device and plasma high Yield Tooltips with accurate information.
  • Tricobalt Device now uses Boff High Yield and Spread abilities. Spread targets 2, 3 or 4 targets (based on rank). Tricoblat High Yield generates a subspace rift. Any target that enters the rift will get disabled. The rift lasts 10, 13 or 16 secs (based on rank). Reduced Basic tricobalt damage to 80%, and the high yields now do more damage. Icons and New fx are incomplete.
  • Greatly improved Brace for Impact kinetic resistance.
tricobalt high yield and spread? are you serious? .. there's so much cheese in pvp right now .. you should try to make it better, not worse.

edit: before i forget: 16 secs disable is just stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Pulled Energy Credit resell value becaue EC economy is way out of balance. There are not enough EC sinks. Its being pulled in preperation for F2P.

Tricobalt - please note that the base damage was reduced. We wanted to magive this torpedo more utility. Dont sweat it - t will be up for review, feedback and tuning.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Pulled Energy Credit resell value becaue EC economy is way out of balance. There are not enough EC sinks. Its being pulled in preperation for F2P.

Tricobalt - please note that the base damage was reduced. We wanted to magive this torpedo more utility. Dont sweat it - t will be up for review, feedback and tuning.
16 second disable? or did I read it wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
borg tractor beam too?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGRvirus View Post
so nice. when will it hit?
Probably with everything else we've been promised. When F2P goes live!
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-24-2011, 07:31 PM
None of this sounds like an especially good idea on paper. In fact, based on this brief bullet list it sounds pretty awful. I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that I'm wrong when it goes up for testing (what with testing feedback having such an important impact on what goes live and all)...

[Edit]Correction, the energy credit thing I understand. At least that wasn't a horrible idea.