Lt. Commander
# 1 5 pips?
09-24-2011, 07:52 PM
I was recently attending one of my Promotion Ceremonies when I noticed this. Commander Menn Hilo appears to be wearing 5 rank pips.

Now this could be attributed to his being Master of Ceremonies, but this got me to thinking that perhaps there could be a rank between Captain and Rear Admiral Lower Half. You know, like perhaps that long ago defunct rank of Commodore? And maybe that Commander before his name was a typo?

This then got me thinking more about the possibility of a Commodore Title with a costume piece unlock that allows us to use 5 rank pips. I don't know what in-game event or mission this could be tied to but it would be a nice easy little addition to the game, don't you think?

Lt. Commander
# 2
09-24-2011, 07:58 PM
I saw a post somewhere were a player suggested a rank title, like a jounior grade, and a dev commented and said it will be a Doff rank...I wonder if thats what it is.

Edit found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Lieutenant Junior Grade will appear as a rank for duty officers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Commodore is the rank called "Rear Admiral, Lower Half" in game, represented by one pip in a box. it is widely accepted in fan circles that 5 pips is Fleet Captain, I'd still like to see both in game though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-24-2011, 08:41 PM
That's not five rank pips - that's an admiral's rank bar. Five pips on a bar is Fleet Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Usually, by regulation, the officer conducting a promotion ceremony for "pinning on" the new rank has to be a higher rank than the promotee's soon to be rank.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-24-2011, 08:54 PM
This is true.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-25-2011, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I was recently attending one of my Promotion Ceremonies when I noticed this. Commander Menn Hilo appears to be wearing 5 rank pips.

Now this could be attributed to his being Master of Ceremonies, but this got me to thinking that perhaps there could be a rank between Captain and Rear Admiral Lower Half. You know, like perhaps that long ago defunct rank of Commodore? And maybe that Commander before his name was a typo?

This then got me thinking more about the possibility of a Commodore Title with a costume piece unlock that allows us to use 5 rank pips. I don't know what in-game event or mission this could be tied to but it would be a nice easy little addition to the game, don't you think?

Yhis rank is fleet Admiral the highest rank in starfleet. http://stexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/Sta...ks_%282380s%29
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-25-2011, 06:18 AM
I can't speak to the rank insignia...but I like the uniform! Any chance of a guide for that, Blackavaar?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-25-2011, 06:34 AM
ive posted this as many time as ive seen this posted about this rank that rank went out whit kirk it is not a rank any more after TOS

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_ranks
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-25-2011, 07:48 AM
It's five admiral pips, not the lower rank pips. It would make him a Fleet Admiral.