Lt. Commander
So maybe I missed it in the notes, or maybe its not working as intended, but heres what i've noticed on my carrier BoP's....since season 4 launch.

They no longer use rapid fire anymore...
they no longer use HY anymore....
They no longer cloak when the target is out of their weapon range,
And they seem a bit slower..... ( they barely keep up with my carrier?)

????

Thats all a bit much for me, Carriers all ready hard enough to make viable. Anyone have any insight in on this?
I feel like this was all just slipped in, under our noses, and it makes me a angry panda.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-22-2011, 03:35 PM
ok, I've played in my carrier all afternoon, and NO RF, HY used by my bop pets, or one cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-22-2011, 05:05 PM
There definitely was not a deliberate nerf to carrier BoPs, but it is not inconceivable there might be some kind of unintended side effect. We'll look into it. Any additional information you or anyone else can provide would help track this down.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
There definitely was not a deliberate nerf to carrier BoPs, but it is not inconceivable there might be some kind of unintended side effect. We'll look into it. Any additional information you or anyone else can provide would help track this down.
Ok thats good to hear. Not sure what else I can provide in terms of information. I've unequipped, equipped, logged out, came back in. I 've been noticing it for a long while, but just started paying attention this last week, but I hadn't played that toon in a while so It could have happened before that.

once you launch pets, they'll attack your target per usual, but does not engage HY or RF, and they do not cloak if they're out of wep range, well they never cloak actually. As you can imagine this results in an significant drop in DPS. I'm going to ask my other carrier captains bout it tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-22-2011, 11:09 PM
There is already another thread on this subject,

Link is here

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-26-2011, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Any news into your investigation? No cloaking/HY/CRF BoP's are a pain...
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre9
Any news into your investigation? No cloaking/HY/CRF BoP's are a pain...
Yes, but then again with him asking for us to help them find the cause or what is going on it makes me feel as though they have better things to do and will look for it when we do the searching...or am I just getting a different picture here altogether? It's probably the same problem that caused the ground shields to not work...one of their last updates...I'd say to search there...before that they were working fine.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Additional info makes it easier for us to narrow the field to figure out what is wrong where. At the end of the day, though, it's still someone here poking around in the systems trying to find a discrepancy.

Except where something is happening 100% of the time, the hardest thing for us to do is usually to reproduce issues. Once we can do that, we can generally fix the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Additional info makes it easier for us to narrow the field to figure out what is wrong where. At the end of the day, though, it's still someone here poking around in the systems trying to find a discrepancy.

Except where something is happening 100% of the time, the hardest thing for us to do is usually to reproduce issues. Once we can do that, we can generally fix the problem.
Not being sarcastic here, but I don't know what more you need from us. BoP's launched from KDF carriers used to cloak when not in combat. They used to fire HY photon torpedoes and use the Cannon Rapid Fire power when in combat.

Now they never do. Ever. Period.

I honestly don't understand what possible more you could want/need from us for you to look into it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-26-2011, 06:06 PM
They haven't in a while. It has been since about a week after season 4 came out, i think. Honestly, it has been so long I forgot they did that