Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 3 man Infection!
09-27-2011, 07:13 PM
ok so idk if this has been done before or not, but considering that i myself (@kjk91) am pretty much a newb, my friend (@Teh-Deva) is a bigger newb, and having now idea what game experience @CPT.Augusta has, we pretty much owned, pwned, and everything in between.

now remember, I used my science toon who is only an RA upper 2 (i have a VA eng), meeshka was the same (RA upper 2 tactical) and @CPT.Augusta was a VA eng.

so tl;dr version = 2 UA (medic and tactical) and 1 VA eng beat infection in a 3 man group.

now, also we did have a full group (full names of group below) but after about 3 fails in the deeper 2 of them left. leaving only 3 people to finish this.

full group was....
darwin@thehatecrusader - tactical (left)
kid@Aidan_storm - tactical (left)
novem@CPT.Augusta - engineer
meeshka@Teh-Deva - tacitcal
ilyda@kjk91 - science

proof you say? here you are my friends.

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/a...49-25-16-1.jpg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-27-2011, 07:21 PM
I think I heard rumour of a 2 man infection but as far as I know it took them hours to complete.

& congrats 3 man is also challenging but not impossible as you of course proved.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
09-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Now if we could just queue a 10-man raid for Khitomer, STFs would ALL be fun again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmeagolSneak View Post
I think I heard rumour of a 2 man infection but as far as I know it took them hours to complete.

& congrats 3 man is also challenging but not impossible as you of course proved.
oh wow...2 man infection...that would be crazy.....
new goal...get to VA and 2 man infection like a boss

lol but ya it was rly a challenge, but only after we destroyed the node in the middle. the borg were all like "we see ya trying to win with only 3 ppl so we wont spwn make it easy on ya...for now...."
and what ya know it, they all spwned while fighting the boss i dont normally lag but omg i was using my AoE heal every time i could lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk91 View Post
oh wow...2 man infection...that would be crazy.....
new goal...get to VA and 2 man infection like a boss

lol but ya it was rly a challenge, but only after we destroyed the node in the middle. the borg were all like "we see ya trying to win with only 3 ppl so we wont spwn make it easy on ya...for now...."
and what ya know it, they all spwned while fighting the boss i dont normally lag but omg i was using my AoE heal every time i could lol
Often an STF pro friend of mine has to Solo Rebecca.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmeagolSneak View Post
Often an STF pro friend of mine has to Solo Rebecca.
what is this....i dont even....

SOLO???
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk91 View Post
what is this....i dont even....

SOLO???
I haven't done STFs in about a year, but if I remember correctly a science officer can solo the queen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
09-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowPaint
I haven't done STFs in about a year, but if I remember correctly a science officer can solo the queen.
A tac can do it to, i have done it, when everyone else died and i got lucky not to be one shoted by the respawning drones.
A eng can do it as well, have seen it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
09-27-2011, 11:50 PM
The only real requirement for Infected are the 3 people to enter the virus in the boss room. A while ago some people did it with only 2, but that was before the changes to rolling. Now you can't roll any longer as long as another animation is running so I don't know if it is possible to roll fast enough to the third machine.

I hate to say it, but if you are in a pug or a group that doesn't know what they are doing, less people are often better. Enough players die when causing Becky to chainfire or they get flanked by the respawns and unfortunatly often 1 player has to save the day. I'm sure a Tac might be able to do it, I've done it often enough with my sci, can take around 10 minutes but she goes down
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
09-27-2011, 11:59 PM
You can't complete Infected with only 2 players given you need a minimum of 3 to activate the shield consoles.

Once the 5 shield generators are destroyed however, you can solo the queen no matter what career you are. You just need the right equipment, skills, & tactics.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:29 PM.