Lt. Commander
# 1 All sci builds
09-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Simple, didn't we agree this was cheesy a while ago? The fleet I'm talking about knows exactly who they are. Vent conversations regarding the overpowered ability of torpedo spread then turning around, going against their word not to use it and....you guessed it. Using it. Mixed with 4-5 copies of charged particle burst 3, mines, scramble sensors, and photonic shockwave and you have quite literally the most, to coin a phrase "underserving of respect" team that has ever played. You have lost the respect of a good majority of the people in the PVP community and continue to do so without regard. You have lost players because of this, and do not seem to care. If this is the image you'd like to set forth for yourselves, then by all means, continue to use the only means by which you can win.

@BobTheYak: "There are five enemy players in that cloud of mines - can you find them?"
http://imageshack.us/f/269/sobmine.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/spamca.jpg/

Congrats...you win, the least respect!

Added another...same fleet
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Let it be known that 2x torp spread and tractor beam repulsors only cleared about a third of that spam at most.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Just looking at that photo made my computer lag.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-27-2011, 08:47 PM
I see 4. You can hide all that crap in the hud options, though you probably already know that.

The German fleets love the 5 man sci captains.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
I see 4. You can hide all that crap in the hud options, though you probably already know that.
I can disable the health bars but not the text - which is the main problem. Any other text disable would also disable text for targets that I actually want to see.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Tempted to use scramble, Wait I donít have scramble on any of my builds send in the repuslers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmeagolSneak View Post
Tempted to use scramble, Wait I donít have scramble on any of my builds send in the repuslers.
Repulsors didn't do much. Do we all have to run scatter/faw, spread, repulsors, shockwave etc to keep autofire launchers under control?

Oh and I realize that Heretic is aware of the mine spam issue.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Repulsors didn't do much. Do we all have to run scatter/faw, spread, repulsors, shockwave etc to keep autofire launchers under control?
You havent seen my repusler build

Itís the ultimate
Anti healís
Anti Focus fire
Anti Spam
Build
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-27-2011, 08:58 PM
This is why we made OPVP Tournament Rules, because Zorena and I knew what kind of teams people would bring. Stupid setups like that make even horrible teams difficult to play against, as they take no skill and are so spammy (not just mines, but in heals, confusion, etc.).No one wants to stick to a league or a code of conduct with a good ruleset and choose the "I refuse to try to counter them so Ill just join them" approach, so I dont feel terribly bad for anyone.

What do you expect? Get a 5 man team setup and even without cheese it is easy to stomp them. While pugging youre going to be screwed. Thats all teams like this do, they queue up in 5 man teams with spam and stomp pugs. Idk what the point of it is or where the fun is, but they do it anyways. Then they play other premades and they get owned.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701 View Post
Simple, didn't we agree this was cheesy a while ago? The fleet I'm talking about knows exactly who they are. Vent conversations regarding the overpowered ability of torpedo spread then turning around, going against their word not to use it and....you guessed it. Using it. Mixed with 4-5 copies of charged particle burst 3, mines, scramble sensors, and photonic shockwave and you have quite literally the most, to coin a phrase "underserving of respect" team that has ever played. You have lost the respect of a good majority of the people in the PVP community and continue to do so without regard. You have lost players because of this, and do not seem to care. If this is the image you'd like to set forth for yourselves, then by all means, continue to use the only means by which you can win.

@BobTheYak: "There are five enemy players in that cloud of mines - can you find them?"
http://imageshack.us/f/269/sobmine.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/spamca.jpg/

Congrats...you win, the least respect!

Added another...same fleet
[OrganizedPVP] Cara@Kedric: soooo why did you all leave the match