Lt. Commander
# 21
09-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekfan View Post
Hehe, good thread. Beagles is talking here about PVP community and OPVP rules. What community? What rules? Almost every premade match looks the same: "bring whatever you have there even if it's the most annoying s**t...oh wait, you know what? Bring only s**t".
I could show you screenshots with sea of mines scattered by best fleets. Perma SS is 2nd issue. So? We are mature people or little kids. When I'm saying that I don't use SS, mines, this new Anti-Matter Spread Console - I really don't use it. If I would be moron without life and my every death in a match would mean for me end of the world, maybe I'd use every s**t in this game. But so far I'm ok.
Respect for players like: Bob, D'rek, Gripple, MiniMax, Vex, Cap-King, Hale, Bio....and many other great players. They don't use cheap tricks.
First Jakub, I'm offended I'm not in that list! Second I only made the post for the teams that run all sci...it's ridiculous. I agree to an extent with Beagles on using OPVP rules in arenas although not ALL the time. I thought that as a PVP community (the people in OPVP), we had simply agreed all sci was a bit ridiculous and we expected more. Not to mention all sci's running scramble, and CPB and torp spread (a skill that "said fleet" has claimed to be OP numerous times yet still uses. And left the tourny because of it mind you). I would have thought that people of such a high skill caliber would use something a bit more...non cheesy.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
I see 4. You can hide all that crap in the hud options, though you probably already know that.

The German fleets love the 5 man sci captains.
We're a people of thinkers and poets. That's clearly Science. :p
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-28-2011, 02:09 AM
Target Voz
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-28-2011, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Which fleets?

I guess I should join them for maximum OPness. My fleetmates always tell me to leave my beloved chroniton mines, pengs and SS3 at home. What a waste of fun.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-28-2011, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
What do you expect? Get a 5 man team setup and even without cheese it is easy to stomp them. While pugging youre going to be screwed. Thats all teams like this do, they queue up in 5 man teams with spam and stomp pugs. Idk what the point of it is or where the fun is, but they do it anyways. Then they play other premades and they get owned.
I've never understood that. There are several players that will intentionally go a little easy on PUGs (by looking for solo kills, playing alternative BOff and weapons configurations, and that sort of thing). I've been the 5th, PUG player on a partial pre-mades where they ask me specifically to give the opposing team time to spawn and organize.

But then again it's also pretty common to run against fleet teams of 5 science captains all spamming as many mines and NPCs as possible while they coordinate a SS chain against a full PUG. Then they wonder why the whole PUG team warps out. Most often I'm the last one left, wondering why I'm suddenly getting focus fired every time I spawn.

I don't get how that's fun.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-28-2011, 05:17 AM
Quote:
I see 4. You can hide all that crap in the hud options, though you probably already know that.

Yep, CnH cess all the way for some of those.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-28-2011, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi19d View Post
But then again it's also pretty common to run against fleet teams of 5 science captains all spamming as many mines and NPCs as possible while they coordinate a SS chain against a full PUG. Then they wonder why the whole PUG team warps out. Most often I'm the last one left, wondering why I'm suddenly getting focus fired every time I spawn.

I don't get how that's fun.
Some people like picking on the smallest kid on the block and some just don't care about puggers beyond thinking of them as fodder: A small detour on the way to the next premade match.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-28-2011, 05:35 AM
over the past week, i've faced the same 3 man carrier team a bunch.

equally as frustrating i believe. mines, pets, chained scifleets and dampening fields...and subnukes. they knew what they were doing. spread too. blah blah blah.

and its going to keep happening. tric 'em all.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawny View Post
Which fleets?

I guess I should join them for maximum OPness. My fleetmates always tell me to leave my beloved chroniton mines, pengs and SS3 at home. What a waste of fun.
Oh yes, the Spanny always wants to use, what most of the others are using but we keep telling him, that he can do it on his own, not in our premades. We usually start matches clean and only switch to some cheese, if the enemy brings it. We even decided to not use SS in tha second match if our enemy didnt use it in the first one in the OPVP tourney. Dont know if I have ever seen 5 Sci Captains teams. Its just that 3 Sci Captains might already feel like 5. To talk about German fleets is really funny in this case, while Scambles are banned from the German league. 5 Sci Captains arent allowed either.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-28-2011, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
We're a people of thinkers and poets. That's clearly Science. :p
With a dark history.