Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
09-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701 View Post
I understand completely what you're saying and when I do pug, which is rare mind you, I do have a specific build that I use when I expect spam or just too much sci. I do not find pugging fun because it's just misinterpreted communication, but that's another story. The fact is that when one "premade" if you will, be it from the same fleet or just a group of friends, goes against another premade, there should definitely be a challenge but when it comes to things like all sci builds, it's extremely ridiculous. There is no reason at all for 5 subnukes to be placed on one person in order to kill them. To me that only shows cowardice. I do not have a sci team on my cruiser, which will not change, but I shouldn't expect to be scrambled 3 times (one SS3 of course as well) and have my shields stripped with CPB3 3 times along with 4 copies of TS2....it makes for an incompetent team who hides behind the skills that they find, for some odd reason, "fun."
And I agree whole heartedly with what you say and still think that the concepts put forth for FF is going to help offset that abundance of science.
I do not think they will nerf science (nor do I want them too) to remove the fact that science is a better combat choice than tactical or engineering. Its an obviuos truth (imo) because five Tacticals or 5 Engineers are not near as effective in combat.
If the Devs can not nerf due to ruining someone gameplay unneccassarily, then the idea of giving some of the more widely used abilities a FF effect as a means of consequences for flinging them widely or the limited Immunity when one comes out of a SNB for example, then thats better than nefing imo.

As to the hypocracy of condemning abilities just to use them ones self and defend that use, I can not say. If I could cure hypocracy - would be the richest man in the world. Right alongside the guy who write the book, " Everything to know about women, A to Z".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
09-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701 View Post
Simple, didn't we agree this was cheesy a while ago? The fleet I'm talking about knows exactly who they are. Vent conversations regarding the overpowered ability of torpedo spread then turning around, going against their word not to use it and....you guessed it. Using it. Mixed with 4-5 copies of charged particle burst 3, mines, scramble sensors, and photonic shockwave and you have quite literally the most, to coin a phrase "underserving of respect" team that has ever played. You have lost the respect of a good majority of the people in the PVP community and continue to do so without regard. You have lost players because of this, and do not seem to care. If this is the image you'd like to set forth for yourselves, then by all means, continue to use the only means by which you can win.

@BobTheYak: "There are five enemy players in that cloud of mines - can you find them?"
http://imageshack.us/f/269/sobmine.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/spamca.jpg/

Congrats...you win, the least respect!

Added another...same fleet
Who is this we you're talking about? If by "we" you mean TSI (since apparently you're the official TSI Spokesman according to one of your ship names) and QEW (you promoted yourself to their spokesman too?) then perhaps yes, maybe there is some sort of agreement in place. Though as some in my fleet have seen TSI plays fast and loose with their own interpretation of whatever agreement your talking about. Because as we see it, there really isn't any such thing. Since the start of the most recent tournament we've encountered a mere TWO fleets that have honored such an agreement in the queues: QEW and CAC, oh and Stonewall though their adherence was probably more coincidence than design. Let's take a look at some other fleets encountered to spot check their "agreement":
  • Lore? nope
    TSI? nope
    528th? nope
    Ausmonauts? nope
    Sad Pandas? nope
    Coup de Grace? nope

And for your information, this fleet has always been a sci and mine heavy fleet since even before the time of the first Knights Templar season way back in summer of 2010, even before it had its current name. So know your history and get your facts straight before flaming others, especially being the TSI Spokesman you are.

Besides, it's not like you have the cleanest playstyle history either. When you first joined back in early spring this year you were one of the major users of FAW; you even had several ship names advertising your heavy use of it. This went on for a couple months, then when FAW was fixed in it's current iteration, after a couple of days of the fix you declared that since it's no longer OP it didn't serve you a purpose anymore.
It was at that time that you were the one championing a 5 man sci build amongst the fleet players with 3x GW and a plethora of other sci spam, all the while running double shields on your intrepid. And this wasn't an isolated thing as it went on for more than a month. Then the tournament came about, and when trying to put together teams, you went out of your way to make it known how uninterested you were in playing, saying that your standing with your FS sisters in protest of how stupid and restricting the rules were. Ironically, you are now a participant of the same tournament you thought was stupid. And now you have changed fleets, leaving in a whirlwind of drama when your arrogance demanded you mouth off to two of our most senior players and as soon as you left started warping out of matches against us. I'm surprised you were able to get two whole screenshots off seeing how many matches you've warped out of.

So let's summarize your hypocritical transgressions shall we?
  • FAW abuser
    Sci Spam abuser
    Voldemort exploiter
    Warp out abuser

I think a self-evaluation of your own behavioral playstyle is in order before you start badmouthing people and discussing respect, especially as TSI's Spokesman.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
09-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
Who is this we you're talking about? If by "we" you mean TSI (since apparently you're the official TSI Spokesman according to one of your ship names) and QEW (you promoted yourself to their spokesman too?) then perhaps yes, maybe there is some sort of agreement in place. Though as some in my fleet have seen TSI plays fast and loose with their own interpretation of whatever agreement your talking about. Because as we see it, there really isn't any such thing. Since the start of the most recent tournament we've encountered a mere TWO fleets that have honored such an agreement in the queues: QEW and CAC, oh and Stonewall though their adherence was probably more coincidence than design. Let's take a look at some other fleets encountered to spot check their "agreement":
  • Lore? nope
    TSI? nope
    528th? nope
    Ausmonauts? nope
    Sad Pandas? nope
    Coup de Grace? nope

And for your information, this fleet has always been a sci and mine heavy fleet since even before the time of the first Knights Templar season way back in summer of 2010, even before it had its current name. So know your history and get your facts straight before flaming others, especially being the TSI Spokesman you are.

Besides, it's not like you have the cleanest playstyle history either. When you first joined back in early spring this year you were one of the major users of FAW; you even had several ship names advertising your heavy use of it. This went on for a couple months, then when FAW was fixed in it's current iteration, after a couple of days of the fix you declared that since it's no longer OP it didn't serve you a purpose anymore.
It was at that time that you were the one championing a 5 man sci build amongst the fleet players with 3x GW and a plethora of other sci spam, all the while running double shields on your intrepid. And this wasn't an isolated thing as it went on for more than a month. Then the tournament came about, and when trying to put together teams, you went out of your way to make it known how uninterested you were in playing, saying that your standing with your FS sisters in protest of how stupid and restricting the rules were. Ironically, you are now a participant of the same tournament you thought was stupid. And now you have changed fleets, leaving in a whirlwind of drama when your arrogance demanded you mouth off to two of our most senior players and as soon as you left started warping out of matches against us. I'm surprised you were able to get two whole screenshots off seeing how many matches you've warped out of.

So let's summarize your hypocritical transgressions shall we?
  • FAW abuser
    Sci Spam abuser
    Voldemort exploiter
    Warp out abuser

I think a self-evaluation of your own behavioral playstyle is in order before you start badmouthing people and discussing respect, especially as TSI's Spokesman.
I suggest you take your own advice and get you're facts straight. I have never run double shields on my Intrepid. After doing the Doomsday Mission I had swapped out a sci officer only to find that I had 2 commander science officers on my Intrepid. The second officer had tractor beam 1, sci team 2, hazard emitters 3, and feedback pulse 3. After two weeks of using the ship I chose to discharge the ship and get a new one in order to ensure that the "voldemort bug" was removed. I am NOT in TSI, nor am I in QEW. And I have state before in this thread, if you even bothered to read the whole thing before you started spewing your condescending crap, that I HAVE used FAW before (everyone knows that) and that I have taken part in using multiple gravity wells to get a bleedthrough effect which resulted in getting more damage than you can ever hope to get in your cute escort). You also cannot, "abuse," warping out. I warped out on your team twice, why? Because it was all sci and a complete waste of time. I never left the fleet in a "whirlwind of drama" as you state. I sent a tell to one of the "senior" members informing them of y decision to leave and removed my three (?) toons from the fleet. After that I disbanded the chat channel that I FORMED and was MINE to do with as I pleased. I didn't feel it appropriate to have someone own a channel dedicated to a fleet that I was no longer in. I never tried to get a team together, you took that upon yourself to do as if you were the leader of the fleet or something, then dropped out of the tournament because...well apparently torpedo spread (good game). Stonewall was never entered into the tournament so I don't really know where you got that from, along with other fleets you listed. I NEVER claimed to have a clean record in regards to play-style because I know that I don't have a clean record. Your fleet has done it before and I know they can do it again, have a clean, fun, setup with an engy healer, 2 sci's and 2 escorts...pretty good standard build which manages to work for most fleets. Also, I didn't "mouth off" to anyone. And you say that as if they hold some sort of military or diplomatic rank. There was a discussion on Vent, of which you were not a part, regarding torpedo spread. 2 of the members in the fleet to which you belong stated that anyone who used it was an exploiter and that they neglected shields completely. A false statement to which I attempted to dissuade them. I could not stand for the hypocrisy anymore, people being promoted above me even though I'd been there longer and been online more, and decided to leave.

So let's summarize your hypocritical transgressions shall we?
(I just felt like copying that to be honest with you )


You made that entire "flaming" as you say, post in order to make me feel bad and try to get people to turn against me with knowledge that was already out there. If you honestly think that using an all sci build is truly fun and/or necessary, well, then you've completely validated my point and thus I rest my argument. Thank you!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
09-28-2011, 12:30 PM
All I have to say is this. (My mouse was over my Evasives, hence the tooltip. No secret message intended by having that up or anything :p)

That was just a random screenshot of the match. That's 3 Scrambles, 2 Gravity Wells, 2 Scans 2 Tyken's and 1 CPB. In addition to just about a bajillion torp spreads, Photonics, and more mines than I could even comprehend. (Hence my FAW)

We used 1 Scramble.

And then the match ended like this.

That's all I have to say on the matter.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
09-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
All I have to say is this. (My mouse was over my Evasives, hence the tooltip. No secret message intended by having that up or anything :p)

That was just a random screenshot of the match. That's 3 Scrambles, 2 Gravity Wells, 2 Scans 2 Tyken's and 1 CPB. In addition to just about a bajillion torp spreads, Photonics, and more mines than I could even comprehend. (Hence my FAW)

We used 1 Scramble.

And then the match ended like this.

That's all I have to say on the matter.
Don't you mean you used a single Scramble 1
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
09-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
All I have to say is this. (My mouse was over my Evasives, hence the tooltip. No secret message intended by having that up or anything :p)

That was just a random screenshot of the match. That's 3 Scrambles, 2 Gravity Wells, 2 Scans 2 Tyken's and 1 CPB. In addition to just about a bajillion torp spreads, Photonics, and more mines than I could even comprehend. (Hence my FAW)

We used 1 Scramble.

And then the match ended like this.

That's all I have to say on the matter.
Your mate Martini even ate 3 Sensor Scans and some nice Chroniton Procs from their nice mines.
Love you for winning that match!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
09-28-2011, 01:27 PM
He ate chroniton procs not from mines but my chroniton torpedos, so please get you information correct
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
09-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
All I have to say is this. (My mouse was over my Evasives, hence the tooltip. No secret message intended by having that up or anything :p)
.
My touch screen has called a Blood Feud on your mouse pointer for the insult. :p

< looks really mean> No really!! as soon as my touch screen (whom just happened to be looking when I read your post) develops legs and the ability to act on its own, that mouse pointer is in dire trouble.

Tremble in fear!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
09-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphezir View Post
Your mate Martini even ate 3 Sensor Scans and some nice Chroniton Procs from their nice mines.
Love you for winning that match!
They were very tasty
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
09-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
All I have to say is this. (My mouse was over my Evasives, hence the tooltip. No secret message intended by having that up or anything :p)
Wow, low resolution you use. You know you can disable the xp bar to get a bit more real-estate right?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:18 PM.