Lt. Commander
Title pretty much says it all (though this problem is rife throughout all bridges that I've seen). When will you make it so that people sit in their seats properly? I assume you don't want players to derive any sort of pleasure from ship interiors? It's the only conclusion I have left to come to after so long waiting on meaningful attention being paid to them.

http://starfleetsurplus.files.wordpr...tos-connie.jpg

Edit: Obviously if you do plan to do anything about these poor seating arrangements, I hope it'll be clear where you need to move the seats further in toward the consoles and not just stick Joe Navigator in the middle of a seat 2 metres away from his workstation?

In fact, you know what? Since nobody on the current team either cares or has time to do anything about cosmetic issues like this, here's a novel thought - give me a temp job putting things right, then you can just crack on doing whatever it is you do at Cryptic Studios. I'm more than experienced enough in 3D modelling to shift a few chairs about and put bum markers at a place on a seat where the majority of players will benefit from them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2011, 12:36 AM
This issue seemed to occur around the time of the Clone BOFF issue. I seem to recall BOFFs sitting in the seats better before that.

Here's something that will annoy you to no end, though, when you look at it, and once you see it, you'll never *not* be able to notice it. (you're welcome, by the way). If you look at Scotty's side of consoles (left of the turbolift), they extend farther and hang lower than Uhura's side of consoles (right of the turbolift). They should both be like Uhura's side, but they're not.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Wow, that is quite a difference in console height. I guess whoever made that was off sick the day they taught symmetry lol

Whatever it is they're doing behind the scenes that's caused this duplication and poor placement of BOffs, I hope they fix it soon.

They bring it on themselves.. all these different bridge packs they churn out for the C-Store - they're all gonna have to be fixed. If they just stuck with one accurate bridge for each class of ship there'd be about 5 times less work to do.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Every seat (bar the Captain's) in the TOS bridge could do with being moved a good 2-3 feet closer to the consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-03-2011, 10:35 AM
i'm just hoping they fix the cloned officers on the bridge
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
Wow, that is quite a difference in console height. I guess whoever made that was off sick the day they taught symmetry lol

Whatever it is they're doing behind the scenes that's caused this duplication and poor placement of BOffs, I hope they fix it soon.

They bring it on themselves.. all these different bridge packs they churn out for the C-Store - they're all gonna have to be fixed. If they just stuck with one accurate bridge for each class of ship there'd be about 5 times less work to do.
Yeah, it is. And, until someone pointed it out, I was (fairly) oblivious to it. It's such a nicely done bridge. But now its "Rrraaaahhhhh! Consoles not match height! Nerdrage!" Well, maybe not *quite* to that degree, but it's disappointing regardless.

And, I do hope they fix issues with a lot of the paid bridges. There's a KDF one where the wall textures don't meet up at a corner and you can see directly into space.

And, the Defiant bridges, for as cool as they look, don't have a Navigator station in front of the view screen. >_<

And I fully agree duplicate BOFFs need to be fixed! I've purchased extra BOFF slots on some characters so that I have enough BOFFs to have one at every BOFF placement on the big bridges (ie, no generic 'engineering officer' etc).