Lt. Commander
# 1 Massively Livestream
10-10-2011, 03:59 PM
This Tuesday, at 7pm EDT Massively's Brandon Felczer will be Live Streaming Star Trek Online, and showing off the latest updates on the Tribble F2P test server. The best part is, you're invited to join the fun!

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-10-2011, 04:04 PM
His articles are so heavily biased towards the game, I cant wait to hear how he tries to spin the new economy fiasco.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-10-2011, 04:08 PM
When you mean we can join tribble, does that mean literally everyone!?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
When you mean we can join tribble, does that mean literally everyone!?
Anyone that has an active sub right now can download and login to the Tribble server. Not sure how much load it can handle though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Why in the universe would I be interested in watching someone else Test a game, I'm currently testing?? <shrug>
Does this mesn there might be some new stuff added tonight or tomorrow for us to test?
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Why in the universe would I be interested in watching someone else Test a game, I'm currently testing?? <shrug>
Does this mesn there might be some new stuff added tonight or tomorrow for us to test?
Most likely, only an idiot would want to display their product in its current severely broken state. Hopefully they are coming to their senses and toning back or removing some of the worse ideas they have implemented in this build.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
His articles are so heavily biased towards the game, I cant wait to hear how he tries to spin the new economy fiasco.
Agreed, he's always so heavily biased its not worth watching or reading his articles.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-10-2011, 05:52 PM
I can't wait for the spin work durring this live stream.

"Oh so now I have an option to buy the T3 or T5 version of the Excelsior? "

"I'm so glad P2W features are so expensive, that should help keep the balance."

"The old currency system was confusion, Dilithum is so much easier!"

I expect nothing but pros and no cons. And any Con will be brushed off by saying its a WIP and are still listening to player feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-10-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm a pretty easygoing guy when it comes to video games. I tend to cut slack to the devs and chuckle at the nerdrage over what are generally small issues in the grand scheme of things.

And even I think this new economy has got to go.

It takes any of the fun out of the game and replaces it with grinding to the point where it is no longer a game, its a chore. I'm not going to log on every day and run 16 dailies just to generate my refining level of ore. I'm especially not going to do that when it'll still take something like 15 days of consecutive grind just to be able to afford one high mk item.

And I'm not going to throw cash at the c-store. I'm not going to reward anyone for such an incredibly lopsided economic model. I understand its going to be F2P, but you should make the money by generating things people want to buy - not by making them buy game currency with real world currency so that they can avoid playing Star Trek Online: The Grind.

And remeber, I'm one of the easygoing guys.

So yeah, good luck with the propaganda broadcast. Hope the guy is up on his adjectives because I'm thinking he is going to have a hard time spinning this current system as anything but a total failure.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-10-2011, 07:01 PM
He wont get that far in a live stream maybe LT Comm or Commander at best and right now if you do the dalies and such you can easily farm enough dilithium for those level ships.