Lt. Commander
# 1 Vor'kang
09-19-2011, 07:13 AM
The Vor'kang itself seems like a fine ship with good looks and numbers but its console is a bit lackluster. Even with nearly max skills into it and getting the final AOE leap it struggles to take out a frigate and sometimes just fails to leap from the first target even though others are in range. The first strike does next to nothing, the second nicks shields, the third can knock out a Frigate's facing, and the last can take them down to quarter hull through shields.... But that is a FRIGATE... I'd expect it to murder Frigate Critters with ease. The Hargh'peng is more deadly with its AoE than the Isometric Charge is even on its final leap.

Bottom Line: Vor'kang is a good ship but its console really could use a bit more Omph in the damage it deals.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-19-2011, 08:17 AM
The damage is lackluster yes, especialy in PvP for which it was designed ...
But then i had some luck and toke out a 3 Bird of Pray formation in a LG KA run with a single shot of the isometric charge.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Something must be buffing the console,
[19:20] Your Isometric Charge deals 57898 (45513) Electrical Damage to Adduelit Frigate.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-19-2011, 11:29 AM
the third shot of the console took a borg probe down to about half strength. seems decent enough to me for the expense of a console and i did not even have it maxed out.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-19-2011, 11:58 AM
You can increase the damage done by the console by maxing out the deflector skills, which works well for most shield stripping ships if they are using Tach beam III
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO-OptimusPrime View Post
You can increase the damage done by the console by maxing out the deflector skills, which works well for most shield stripping ships if they are using Tach beam III
The ship we were using it on was piloted by a person with near max in all three skills listed for the Console. As an additional weapon it is pretty pathetic most of the time. For how iffy it is to even get all of its shots off it can hardly kill the weakest PvE ships (which is sad because we all know how strong those are) and in PvP it would seem utterly worthless. I am sure whatever console you gave up could have been used better with something else in a PvP match. If this was honestly meant to healp against a Fed Ball even three or four ships firing this off would be unlikely to impress. A Torpedo Spread II would be more reliable and more damaging.

If not flat out buffed for added damage then added side-effects like system shutdowns due to their ship being hit with such strong EMP on the final leaps could help to make up for its lack of damage... I am getting flashbacks to the Saucer all over again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-23-2011, 04:16 PM
The final attack of the three for the Isometric Charge is equivalent to the basic damage from the Gurumba's Javelin or the two shots of the Spinal Lance combined. If the Isometric Charge is insufficient, then by extension all of the top-tier beam weapons will need to be reviewed.

We will continue to collect data and monitor these, and if it becomes clear there needs to be an adjustment we will certainly consider it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Please do. It really is a waste of a console slot at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaqua
Please do. It really is a waste of a console slot at the moment.
Do you feel the Spinal Lance and Javelin are similarly underpowered?
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The final attack of the three for the Isometric Charge is equivalent to the basic damage from the Gurumba's Javelin or the two shots of the Spinal Lance combined. If the Isometric Charge is insufficient, then by extension all of the top-tier beam weapons will need to be reviewed.

We will continue to collect data and monitor these, and if it becomes clear there needs to be an adjustment we will certainly consider it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Do you feel the Spinal Lance and Javelin are similarly underpowered?

The thing is though you can't really compare it to the javelin or the phaser lance, getting the last damage from the isometric charge is VERY situational where the Javelin and lance always do that damage, also its almost impossible to get the iso to hit the facing you need it to due to the way it jumps, I agree with what Shinkuu said about a system disable being added ( its somthing i suggested in the origional thread when the ship was being tested on tribble). Also when you compare the usefullness of this console against the antimatter spread one that was included with the fed ship it just feels weak and badly balanced as things stand at the moment.