Lt. Commander
Do you come from a small fleet, log into the game and find you are often faced with a wall of silence on your fleet's channel?

Do you ever wish you had other players around who wanted to team up with you, but your getting enough players together at one time when you are on is like pulling teeth?

Well, I come from a small fleet that enjoys our smaller size, being who we are and simply playing the game, yet we have faced these problems -- especially with the extended content drought.

What we have been wishing, however, is that we had a larger pool of players to team and converse with in game.

It led us to work with a couple of other small fleets and create the "United Fleet Coalition" (not UFC is *not* a fleet but a treaty organization ).

http://UnitedFleetCoalition.com

It gives us all a larger presence in the game without sacrificing the independence of our respective fleets or what our fleets stand for.

Through the U.F.C., we have created a series of in-game chat channels as part of a "great experiment."

Our hope is that these channels allow players from various fleets to intermingle, have a place to socialize (via one channel) while benefiting from the specific roles of other channels.

What follows are the channels we have currently created and are sponsoring and maintaining in-game.

-------------------

UFC : United Fleet Coalition's sponsored primary chat / socialization channel

UFC-STF : United Fleet Coalition's sponsored STF Teaming Channel. Conversation in this channel needs to be limited to STF team building and is FED/KDF combined for cross-faction teaming. (Open Membership)

UFC-PvE : United Fleet Coalition's sponsored PvE Teaming Channel. Conversation in this channel needs to be limited to PvE team building only. (Open Membership)

UFC-PvP : United Fleet Coalition's sponsored PvP Teaming Channel. Conversation in this channel needs to be limited to PvP team building and is FED/KDF combined for cross-faction teaming. (Open Membership)

UFC-REDALERT : United Fleet Coalition's sponsored Red Alert Channel. This channel is not just for calling out Red Alerts but also in planning coordinated attacks and teaming up against the Borg. Can also help with cross-faction runs as well. Conversation in this channel needs to be kept to target as ... we have the UFC channel for regular socialization (Open Membership)

UFC-DOFF : United Fleet Coalition's sponsored channel for discussions related to DOFFs as well as DOFF trading. (Open Membership)

UFC-RP : United Fleet Coalition's sponsored RP Channel (Open Membership)

UFC-CC : United Fleet Coalition's sponsored RP "Comm Chatter" channel. What this means is that communication on this channel should be in the forum of ship's hails / communications from one ship to another, ship to command, etc. (Open Membership)

UFC-COUNCIL : United Fleet Coalition's Fleet Council Channel to be used by representatives of our member fleets for communication between one another while in game. (Closed Membership)

-------------------

As stated above, this is an experiment and may be tweaked as we move forward.

We hope to see you in-game!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-29-2011, 07:13 AM
The VKF uses it - has proven to be a helpful tool.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Lord
The VKF uses it - has proven to be a helpful tool.
Same for us in 1st Cavalry Division / Imperial High Command.

For all ... Our hope is that if these lists grow in size with more members, that all will benefit.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-29-2011, 09:48 AM
A great initiative folks. I hope it takes off like a rocket.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-29-2011, 09:51 AM
I'll add to my lists.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I'll add to my lists.
:: waves to Roach ... I was hoping you would and thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Subscribed - I look forward to cool fun games with other peeps!
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-30-2011, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fablewin View Post
Subscribed - I look forward to cool fun games with other peeps!
Look forward to having you on the list ... and welcome others to join as well.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-30-2011, 05:22 AM
I also hope this moves forward also.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-30-2011, 09:14 AM
Great idea! I'll be subscribing as well