Lt. Commander
# 1 Remove BO Trading Limitations
09-29-2011, 08:36 AM
So I looked in again after a long time and finally BOs are tradeable, but with so much restrictions ...

At the moment you can trade assigned officers with other people, so why there are limitations
like sending or selling them ?

Now you can say hey man trade it to a friend to get him the desired ability, but why the need to trade
to a third party ?

But if you got an efficient bo for example, worth 20-30 million ....
Or you need an ability which is not so often used by people, youll end up in
local chat searching for someone, sure trusty ....

I can understand that there are concerns about leveling bos,
but at the moment this is restricted by only allowed assigning an Officer below your rank.

So please change the trading behavior for BOs.

1. Let us train unassigned Officers !
2. Dont assign Officers automatically after Trading
3. Let us send assigned Officers with the mail system

or at least just change 1. or 3.
1 As a result you can trade Officers like placeholders to train an ability and they can
be sent per mail
2 Officers can be send/sold after being trained
3 Direct training the desired Officer without a third party

We have come so far with trading Officers but its just one more step to Full Of Win !
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-03-2011, 12:41 AM
bump for awesomeness
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-03-2011, 04:53 AM
Yeah, I have a character I want to delete, but one of the boffs I quite want to preserve. Ideally, I would have like to have just transferred his assignment.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-03-2011, 08:17 AM
This is unlikely to happen. If this was the case, people would just use Email attachments to get out around the restrictions of limited BO slots of a character... (and you do know that they sell additional character BO slots in the C-Store...)

As for finding a trusted third party to facilitate a valuable BO transfer, this is what Fleets are for, as you're much less likely to get scammed from a Fleet-mate then a total stranger...

Training unassigned BOs also has issues, as their too much potential for abuse selling trained non-commissioned BOs on the Exchange, lessening the value of character trained skills...
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-04-2011, 09:55 AM
you can have a lot of unassigned officers at the moment. so no exploit

You already can train a bo and trade it directly to an other person,
how inflate something that is free.

These limitations in question are just annoing and no one benefits from them.

They just disturb gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0850
you can have a lot of unassigned officers at the moment. so no exploit
I'm talking about commissioned BO slots. (where additional slots can be purchased in the C-Store)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0850
You already can train a bo and trade it directly to an other person,
how inflate something that is free...
Yes, but the transfer is done from a active commissioned BO slot directly to a empty commissioned BO slot. (And if there was no empty BO slot, the trade would not be allowed to complete...)

If Email of commissioned BOs were allowed, you are now implementing off-line storage of commissioned BOs in the form of a Email attachment. as nothing forces you to claim the attachments the moment that the Email arrives. With this, you can now have as many commissioned BOs that you want, with the majority held in off-line Email attachment storage, effectively bypassing the commissioned BO slot restrictions...

And with commissioned BO slots being restricted on the upcoming 'Silver' accounts, Cryptic will not allow these restrictions to be bypassed...
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-04-2011, 12:35 PM
If selling BO slots and making money Is the only goal, I can understand your concerns.

But this would regard my mentioned points 2 and 3.

Point 1. Let us train unassigned Officers !

Is untouched by this.

It would make many players very happy and would be benefitial to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-04-2011, 02:48 PM
I so want this!

To prevent abuse, the emailing of a commissioned officer could work as such:

1) You can only email the BOff to another character that has a free BOff slot. When you mail them, they automatically get added to the recipients crew. If there are no free slots, you just can't send the mail.

or

2) Mail system works as it does now, but the BOff has to be claimed by the recipient within 24 hours, else it gets returned to the sender. If the sender no longer has a crew slot available, the BOff being returned is simply deleted.

Either one prevents exploiting the mail storage, whilst still making it practical for those wanting to transfer assigned BOffs around.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Personally, I think a more practical idea is to allow commissioned BOs to be used for 'train up' services when they are discarded. (How many people have had to 'train' their replacements when a company is 'downsized'???) A inexpensive officer can be trained in the desired skill, then transferred using the existing mechanisms to provide 'local' training service for the bound BO. This would solve the bound and/or expensive BO training issue without adding any additional economic complexities...

Allowing 'Train up' service would also make it easier to revamp your bridge crew as you advance, as you would be able to salvage the most valuable skill from a BO about to be discarded...
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-04-2011, 07:43 PM
There's been a need to improve the poorly implemented system we currently have for several months. Lots of good idea threads have shown up on this topic, but unfortunately no action on Cryptic's end yet. I'm hoping this gets properly addressed eventually (maybe as part of the upcoming duty officer/first officer system next year).