Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Lt. Commander
# 111
09-30-2011, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshiirRa View Post
Okay, here's a question. I've hit LTCmdr. Where are my duty officers? Nobody shows up in my roster.
You have to hit ltCmdr2 (IE Level 12). herirtic said you could see it at LtCmdr1 IF you go to the Star Fleet Academy and do something there, but it's a bug and it's supposed to 'open' at Level 12.
Lt. Commander
# 112
09-30-2011, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Keep readin'...

I assure you my post did not stop there.
Ah, my bad. It would be nice hitting the next rank at 10. I don't know how many times I thought "Yay, next rank!" only to have to get one more to rank up.
Lt. Commander
# 113
09-30-2011, 02:51 AM
So I saw the patch notes last night and started getting excited but right away that was diminished.

In order to test out the Doff system I have to grind up to Lt Cmdr? WTF???!!! ugh been there done that and again and again got the t-shirt. No character trans for several weeks either so testing any of the higher end stuff out is out.

But I'd be "okay no biggie' if stuff like the Doff System made it to redshirt but nooooo...

Anyway so I give the new tutorial a go and find myself in the armory or security office whatever, that was neat. So I go tlak to the NPC but F fails to cause the conversation to start. Thankfully that seemed to be the only one to have that problem

So I explore the rest of the deck and findt Engineering and the science lab are on the same deck? But anyway I chuck it up to "It's a small ship" and resource limitations. But it's a small ship with a sovereign class warp core... hmm anyway....

The new bridge was an excellant touch....

The rest of the tutorial was rpetty much the same as before blah blah blah

So I found myself rather annoyed new toys dangled in front of us to test out but just out of reach
Lt. Commander
# 114
09-30-2011, 03:29 AM
I really wish we were able to keep that bridge. I mean, we're assuming command of that very ship, right?
Lt. Commander
# 115
09-30-2011, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
I really wish we were able to keep that bridge. I mean, we're assuming command of that very ship, right?
no, you assume command of the miranda you beam over to.
Lt. Commander
# 116
09-30-2011, 05:02 AM
I have to admit, I think I prefer this tutorial to a tutorial that could be done at the academy. I agree something needs to be done at the academy, but I think this mission is a good jump into the action. Admittedly the tutorial side of the mission still needs some polish.
Lt. Commander
# 117
09-30-2011, 05:04 AM
I have seen an issue that i dont like if im reading it correctly with the way we now get missions. (it may be something they will change later).

right now, 'stop the signal' seems to be bugged. there is a problem with the klingon help getting killed too quickly, but no problem as that will get fixed....but.... the next mission does not seem to open up (researcher rescue) until i play stop the signal. so that means players are forced to play a misison in the story chain to get the next one.

that brings up 2 issues.

1) much like above if one mission is bugged, and it happens from time to time, the game comes crashing to a halt as you cant continue the quest.

2) ive made tons of alts and i dont play the same missions every time. sometimes i want skip them and move onto something else, maybe even come back to them later. i thought the whole point of having missions level to you is that you could skip some and then come back to them later, not to let one mission stop the storyline.

does it only affect missions within a chain or the whole lot. will not doing 'stop the signal' mean i cant play the devidian series or the romulan front?
Lt. Commander
# 118
09-30-2011, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
will not doing 'stop the signal' mean i cant play the devidian series or the romulan front?
Yep.

/10 Chars
Lt. Commander
I am not sure I like the increase in skill points to Lt. commander. I hope this is just for testing purposes. Before, skill point flow went fairly well all the way to level 45. There are some awsome ships at Tier 1 (NX, constitution, Oberth) that the accelerated progression would just whip through. For F2P players, it would not be worth paying C-points for a ship that you would only use for a few hours. Having used both the Constitution and the NX, they are nice ships and can make the first tier a lot of fun. Before, I think you out leveled them fairly quickly, now, the early levels go by in the blink of an eye. I can see the appeal to get past the newbie levels and get into a real ship, but unless the Tier 1 C-store ships are turned into tier 2 ships, I do not see how they would generate any revenue with the accelerated leveling for Tier 1.

-Keppoch
Lt. Commander
# 120
09-30-2011, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Yep.

/10 Chars
i think thats a bad idea then, that will cause so many issues, far more than it solves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keppoch
I am not sure I like the increase in skill points to Lt. commander. I hope this is just for testing purposes. Before, skill point flow went fairly well all the way to level 45. There are some awsome ships at Tier 1 (NX, constitution, Oberth) that the accelerated progression would just whip through. For F2P players, it would not be worth paying C-points for a ship that you would only use for a few hours. Having used both the Constitution and the NX, they are nice ships and can make the first tier a lot of fun. Before, I think you out leveled them fairly quickly, now, the early levels go by in the blink of an eye. I can see the appeal to get past the newbie levels and get into a real ship, but unless the Tier 1 C-store ships are turned into tier 2 ships, I do not see how they would generate any revenue with the accelerated leveling for Tier 1.

-Keppoch
its both good and bad. it helps that early grind but yes it seems way to quick at the moment. upping it was good but probably not that high for when it goes live. you dont want players burning through the game.