Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
09-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Very disappointed in the "new" tutorial so far.

It's not set up that differently than the last tutorial with the exception of removing ZQ's voice over work. To be honest, that was really saddening to me...

As far as the Notes go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
  • Energy Credit limit
    Gold characters are limited to 1 Billion energy credits. As long as a character is at this limit, they may not gain additional energy credits.
I realize that a billion is a lot, but why do paid players have a cap at all? Makes no sense.

Quote:
  • Updated Andorian species descriptions for two genders instead of four.
Um.. The Andorians have four genders...? What is the update, and why are they losing two of their genders.

Quote:
  • Aim and Crouch are now 2 separate modes. They can be combined or used separately. Default keybinds are C for crouch and X for Aim.
I noticed the separation, but also noticed you cannot do the 'crouch-walk' anymore.. to move now breaks the crouch. Is this WAI, or will it be fixed before going live?

Again, all-in-all... not really impressed.

Jolan'tru
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Thoughts:

The tutorial...man, I had hoped you guys would be able to re-make these before F2P. Seriously Cryptic, THE TUTORIALS SUCK. I've literally seen 3 people I've invited to the game quit without getting past the tutorial because they are horrid. It's the first things people see when they get on STO, and it seems like it might be a good idea to make sure they are at least 'OK'. Better would be if they were actually good.

I see no incentive to maintain a Gold account. If you don't have something up your sleeve that we don't know about yet, you need to re-think this. I've been subbed for over a year now, but I have to say if F2P happened right now I'd just drop my sub, spend $20 on some specific upgrades and be done with it.

Other than that, I like it!

Mission progression change is awesome, I'd only suggest maybe slowing down the last half of the game more from where we're at...getting to your first ship sucks and this fixes that, but after that the game goes super fast then you hit cap and get bored. I suppose you have the leveling data though, so just try to make it so the average player hits cap and runs out of episodes at about the same time.

I like the change about leveling too, that always confused people.

I hope the non-F2P features make it to holodeck before F2P....

I also hope your content team is actually going to generate some, you know, content, before F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-29-2011, 03:31 PM
I thought that F2P was going to have enough BOFF's to man the T5 ships, wouldnt that be 5 BOFFS not 4?
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Umm.... why "un-canonize" the Andorian genders?
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-29-2011, 03:37 PM
How does a new player interact with the help floater, or with the GUI? I can't figure out how to get a mouse cursor to work in the first room of the tutorial

The help panel has a scrollbar on it, which I can't scroll because I can't get a cursor
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-29-2011, 03:39 PM
•Players now rank up when earning skillpoints instead of when spending them.

O_o, so I don't have to spec into useless skill to lvl up? Big plus.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Very disappointed that Character does not start at Starfleet Academy ant that the new tutorial does not involve the Academy. It was a waste of time to do the tutorial since it really did not change much.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
•Players now rank up when earning skillpoints instead of when spending them.

O_o, so I don't have to spec into useless skill to lvl up? Big plus.
Awwww... No more level 51 ensigns.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
How does a new player interact with the help floater, or with the GUI? I can't figure out how to get a mouse cursor to work in the first room of the tutorial

The help panel has a scrollbar on it, which I can't scroll because I can't get a cursor
you press F to interact
press . (next to close it has (.) to close down windows
or press b to get rid of the shooter window.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-29-2011, 03:46 PM
100 million credits seems very high for silver. ive never even had 100 million.